Page 70 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The problem is the LEM USP Compact pistols fetch a premium of $100-200, and it still isn't the LEM trigger you ultimately want. I found it less costly to buy a lightly used DA/SA and send it back to the mothership.
    Let us know how you like it when it returns and if it is all positive let us know the exactly what you requested in your trigger work from HK. Thanks.

John

I sent mine to an hk armorer, not hk. Shipping was about $20 to him and $20 back. $30 to install. Kit was $105 shipped. That's a $175 additional cost to the pistol. She returns tomorrow. Also got a Dawson front and 10-8 .156 rear. Hk45c.

I have a few updates, after getting a box back from JoJo's with slides they were installing sights on.

The USP Expert 9mm comes with a .275 height front, requiring the rear sight to be cranked quite high to zero. I tried a Dawson FO .235 front x .100, and the pistol zeroes nicely with that front, allowing the rear to be lowered just above bottom, and the proportion of the .100 front with .125 adjustable OEM rear is pleasing. That pistol works well in my JM USP George and Universal, that Tony cut for the FS, Tactical and Expert. Here is how the rear sight looks, paired with the .235 FO front:

I got a USP 9mm upper back, that JoJo's installed the Dawson tritium front and rear set. It uses this rear, that is .225 x 135:

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...m-rear-sights/

They say it requires a .200 tall x .125 wide. The rear has two smaller tritium dots without outlines, and the front dot appears larger with a white ring around the tritium insert. This combination hit POA/POI for me at 25 yards with the PMC .115 ammo I tried. Nice sight arrangement, with a relatively edge free rear design, despite extending rearward of the dovetail.

I received my sand HK45C upper back, with a .150 Dawson tritium front and the 10-8 .156 rear installed. Kind of natty with the all sand and the brown JM holster.

It regulates POA/POI at 25 yards. My wife got her twin sand HK45C back, with HD sights, and it also regulated POA/POI at 25 for her, although perhaps an inch or two lower than the .150 Dawson/10-8 combination. She plans to intermittently ring it out over the next few months and then put it aside for use as her AK field pistol. Need to test Underwood 45+P and .45 Super Lehigh Xtreme penetrator loads in it. It is interesting how much more I like the light LEM HK just installed over the regular LEM I have in my main 45C.

I am very satisfied with the USP line-up for everything but pure gaming, as they just don't split for me like a CZ, or even a Glock. I am doing a Gabe White class this weekend, and plan to run the USP in a JM AIWB holster for the class.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the update. Very interested to hear your impressions after the white Gabe class.

The adjustable rear with the Dawson front sounds like a promising combination.

I took my first shots with a newly acquired Used USP full size 9mm. Well, this is a really outstanding pistol. Very accurate and it almost feels effortlessly accurate. Is basic DA/SA; what is that, V1?

After checking it's sights which a prior owner; perhaps a lefty?, had drifted pretty far to the LEFT bias. I tapped it to centered to center it at 25 yards. I shot on a B8 at 25 yards. SA only.

Freestyle, 5 rounds, a 47; comparable to common G17/19 scores. Five shots on that B8 in a rush, 6.5 seconds scored a 43. Control G17 (has a KKM barrel) was a 44 in 6.3 sec.

I was struck by how well the DA shot worked for hits. I don't have a holster for it so I shot it from high ready. High ready to the IDPA headbox at 7 yards was pretty easy all day long in .65-.70 using DA. Control G17, pretty easy all day long in .65-.70.

Ready to failure drill of 2 to the lower A zone and 1 to the headbox - USP (from DA) and G17 cruising in 1.48-1.55. I may as well have used a 3x5 instead of the headbox for the group from the USP.

I really dig having the safety. Neat that you can thumb cock it to SA with the safety engaged.

I had some instances of stalling during a timed run when my thumb depressed the safety into the decock zone. I will have to work on that.

Very very neat pistola.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Now you should send it to HK for the match hybrid LEM!

I can't remember off the top of my head, is your USP a '95 date code (KF on the slide)? Just know that the trigger can definitely be improved, you can even get the match hybrid LEM with a safety if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by BCL View Post
    Now you should send it to HK for the match hybrid LEM!

I can't remember off the top of my head, is your USP a '95 date code (KF on the slide)? Just know that the trigger can definitely be improved, you can even get the match hybrid LEM with a safety if you like.
    Yes, it's a KF.

With the safety you say. Hmmm.

I like this trigger combo pretty well so far. But I'm paying close attention to the match hybrid LEM posts.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yes, it's a KF.

With the safety you say. Hmmm.

I like this trigger combo pretty well so far. But I'm paying close attention to the match hybrid LEM posts.
    Ok cool, that makes it cost prohibitive to change it to match hybrid LEM yourself, since you would have to upgrade several parts (hammer strut, etc) prior to doing so.

Yes, you can use single sided or ambi safety with any of their DA/SA or LEM triggers.

Glad you like the trigger combo. I've used just about every possible combination and prefer the match hybrid LEM, but your current setup doesn't cost any additional money.

Finally done. I have ammo on the way. Need a range day.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Finally done. I have ammo on the way. Need a range day.

Very nice setup - is that a 10-8 rear and a Dawson front?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

User Tag List