Page 65 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

It is subtle, but you can see how the front bottom of the P2000 extends down further. I believe it is that front edge, and bet a person could greatly improve reloads on the P2000 by breaking and reducing the size of that edge.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yeah, I've heard that is a really good option and a lot of people seem to like it around here too. At this point in time, however, I'm putting my sight purchases on hold until I can go through a low-light pistol class or two to figure out exactly what I need. I may find that I need tritium and I may find that I don't. Until then, I'm running a set of Defoors with the front sight painted a nice matte lime green. That seems to remain visible in a rather wide variety of lighting conditions against a wide variety of backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    First, the rear sight seems to be sharpened enough to double as a knife...
    This is exactly why I won't even consider HD's. I really like the front, and the overall sight picture, but way too sharp and pokey.

A comparison between the HK USP9c and the Gen4 G19 (wt in oz, all other dimensions in inches):

USP9C G19
    EMPTY WT 27.20 23.65
    LENGTH 6.81 7.28
    HEIGHT 5.00 4.99
    WIDTH 1.38 1.18
    BARREL 3.58 4.01
    SIGHT RAD 5.31 6.02
    Last edited by SteveB; 09-20-2016 at 12:45 PM.

It is subtle, but you can see how the front bottom of the P2000 extends down further. I believe it is that front edge, and bet a person could greatly improve reloads on the P2000 by breaking and reducing the size of that edge.

I'm all about the minutia, but that might be stretching it a bit. Perhaps balance, grip texture etc. play a larger role than that.
    Taking a break from social media.

Just in case anyone was interested....

https://www.slickguns.com/product/he...m-15-round-992

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Note that with 10+1 capacity, it won't be including the Jet Funnel kit shown in Bud's photo.

There are also some relatively inexpensive USP Compacts about these days.

I have lost track of how many sets of HD sights I have. Two issues. First, the rear sight seems to be sharpened enough to double as a knife, but since the HD for the USP and USP C doesn't extend to the very rest of the slide, it isn't as bad as say the P30 HD that goes further back. Biggest issue on the HD sights for many HK pistols is they hit low for me.

Well, I hear (and see) what you're talking about. Fortunately, it simply isn't an issue for me. POA/POI is dead-nuts on for me, out to 25 yards, on the USP Compacts. And I haven't sliced a hand part... yet.

And I just scored a like-new USPc V1 with the orange front HD (I prefer the yellow, but the Orange will do) yesterday afternoon. The DA pull is actually usable; very Sig-like; and the SA pull is excellent. Best DA/SA HK trigger I've ever run across. I'm so amazed, I'm not even going to LEM this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Well, I hear (and see) what you're talking about. Fortunately, it simply isn't an issue for me. POA/POI is dead-nuts on for me, out to 25 yards, on the USP Compacts. And I haven't sliced a hand part... yet.

And I just scored a like-new USPc V1 with the orange front HD (I prefer the yellow, but the Orange will do) yesterday afternoon. The DA pull is actually usable; very Sig-like; and the SA pull is excellent. Best DA/SA HK trigger I've ever run across. I'm so amazed, I'm not even going to LEM this one.

Variant 3 plate to follow?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

From what I understand, if you have light lem and then put in a light firing pin block spring the trigger pull weight is further reduced. Approximately 4.5lbs.

Any experience with that here?
    Last edited by newyork; 09-21-2016 at 05:29 AM.

User Tag List