Page 51 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll stick with the 230gr JFPs until I can test the 255s. Had a problem with the Buffalobore +P 255gr LFP .45 ACPs in a Kahr CW45. Turns out the Kahr has a real short throat. Had the Kahr throated -- problem solved. Pretty sure Buffalobore uses the same 255 LFP in both the 45 +P and 45 Super ammo, so it may be same issue. I'll check the 255gr LFPs for function and report back.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul105 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll stick with the 230gr JFPs until I can test the 255s. Had a problem with the Buffalobore +P 255gr LFP .45 ACPs in a Kahr CW45. Turns out the Kahr has a real short throat. Had the Kahr throated -- problem solved. Pretty sure Buffalobore uses the same 255 LFP in both the 45 +P and 45 Super ammo, so it may be same issue. I'll check the 255gr LFPs for function and report back.

Paul
    If you are keen on that load, maybe consider a conventional grooved Jarvis barrel, and have that opened up?

http://www.jarvis-custom.com/shop/he...pistol-barrel/

Hopefully it works out, as a hard cast Super load would seem to be a click up from the FMJ.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Ooohh. Now Nyeti is going to have to buy one of their barrels so he can have a threaded barrel for his Expert. "Because."

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Ooohh. Now Nyeti is going to have to buy one of their barrels so he can have a threaded barrel for his Expert. "Because."
    BTDT long before there were forums. It was mainly to shoot some of the crap ammo I had access to large quantities of. I replaced it with a factory threaded barrel, because.....HK.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Anybody have any experience with Jarvis? Not questioning quality, but rather is it worth getting the "fitted" barrel option vs the "drop in"?

Quote Originally Posted by paul105 View Post
    Anybody have any experience with Jarvis? Not questioning quality, but rather is it worth getting the "fitted" barrel option vs the "drop in"?
    I would search on HK Pro.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    BTDT long before there were forums. It was mainly to shoot some of the crap ammo I had access to large quantities of. I replaced it with a factory threaded barrel, because.....HK.
    I remembered you picked up one of those Tactical barrels from MGW. I wasn't aware there were factory threaded barrels for the Expert. Just trying to instigate/enable a little...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a JM George for my USPC 45 that works great, although perhaps I am biased.
    I have been following this thread for a while. Have you or do you plan on trying the Super in the USPC 45?

Re: Jarvis "Fitted" vs "Drop In"

I emailed Jarvis -- this is their reply:

"Accuracy difference can be noticeable if quality ammunition is being used in both barrels. I say “can” because sometimes a drop-in barrel will fit nearly as tight as a fitted barrel. It can heavily depend upon slide dimensions.

In choosing between the two, it really depends what you are using the gun for. If you want the absolute most accurate gun you can get for competitions or something along those lines then yes, I would go with a fitted barrel. If you are using it for defense purposes or to shoot recreationally I would go with a drop-in barrel.

Turnaround time is 2 weeks whether drop-in or fitted."

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I have been following this thread for a while. Have you or do you plan on trying the Super in the USPC 45?

I tried the BB .45 Super, 230 FMJ-FP load that runs in the USP and HK45C, in the USP Compact. I had a stoppage in each of the two magazines I fired, and gave up on it. I would go Hk45C for a smaller format pistol that can run Super reliably, if not as a steady diet, as it doesn't have the dual recoil spring of the USP FS.

User Tag List