Page 26 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now back to the regularly scheduled HK programming -- I recently bought a like new USP 45, as it came with an additional OEM threaded barrel and Mepro tritium adjustable sights.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/USP-...e-200p1721.htm

Just shot the pistol, and was pleased that when regulated for tip of the front sight at 25 yards, they were nice and low. They are also relatively edge free and fit in my various USP holsters (Blade Tech, George, Fricke). For a fastidious person, like Okie John, who wants a perfect zero for hunting or shooting precision, I think these sights are an obvious choice.
    Very much so. Nyeti sold me a set of LPAs during the early days of testing my USP 45, and it took about 10 minutes to center the group in the X-ring at 25 yards. That's probably overthinking things for a carry pistol, but just what the doctor ordered for more fastidious pursuits.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

How robust are the Meprolights? I don't have much use for adjustable on a "carry gun" but I think they might be worthwhile on a "field pistol." Some of my post-TBI visual accommodation issues are sorting out so I'm thinking of transitioning away from Big Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    How robust are the Meprolights? I don't have much use for adjustable on a "carry gun" but I think they might be worthwhile on a "field pistol." Some of my post-TBI visual accommodation issues are sorting out so I'm thinking of transitioning away from Big Dots.
    They look OK, but I have no experience yet with bouncing them around.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I EDC'd a Gen3 G19L with them for over a year, during which time I fired 10k (conservative estimate) rounds. They loosened up a bit toward the end so I filled them full of blue LocTite. I can still adjust them if needed and they stay zeroed. No other complaints.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 07-04-2016 at 08:30 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I just received a FedEx box from HK, with my USP full size .40 and .45. HK converted both pistols from DA/SA to the hybrid LEM Match trigger, that is exclusive to the full size USP pistols. All I can say is WOW -- this is the best feeling trigger I can recall on any hammer fired HK. I am not sure why HK doesn't just provide this as the standard USP trigger.

Turn around was about two weeks, and the cost was quite modest, including reasonable prices for the installed parts and only $45 total labor for the two pistols.

I just received a FedEx box from HK, with my USP full size .40 and .45. HK converted both pistols from DA/SA to the hybrid LEM Match trigger, that is exclusive to the full size USP pistols. All I can say is WOW -- this is the best feeling trigger I can recall on any hammer fired HK. I am not sure why HK doesn't just provide this as the standard USP trigger.

Turn around was about two weeks, and the cost was quite modest, including reasonable prices for the installed parts and only $45 total labor for the two pistols.
    Glad you like them! IMO, the Hybrid LEM doesn't even feel like an LEM trigger.

G, can you describe the trigger a little, in terms of take up length and wall?

Is this something just for USPs or can it be done to some of their other pistols?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    G, can you describe the trigger a little, in terms of take up length and wall?

Is this something just for USPs or can it be done to some of their other pistols?
    Just for FS USP models. Not a hard wall. Feels like the SA match trigger but with LEM amounts of take-up.

Just for FS USP models. Not a hard wall. Feels like the SA match trigger but with LEM amounts of take-up.
    Do they remove the safety? Or is that up to the customer? You're making me consider sending in my USP9. Always carried it cocked and locked because I like having the same press for every shot. But the SA press isn't that great - just better than the DA/SA option for me. It's a safe queen now but I'd probably shoot it more if I didn't have to screw with the safety.
    Last edited by El Cid; 07-23-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Do they remove the safety? Or is that up to the customer? You're making me consider sending in my USP9. Always carried it cocked and locked because I like having the same press for every shot. But the SA press isn't that great - just better than the DA/SA option for me. It's a safe queen now but I'd probably shoot it more if I didn't have to screw with the safety.
    I believe you can have it with or without thumb safety, but I have it without a thumb safety, which cleans up the grip for me.

User Tag List