Page 138 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Before I forget, I have a Safariland 6004 SLS holster for an HK45 with an X series light, and the USP without a light fits in there perfectly.

Name:  14A2847F-0EA6-4484-922C-7F347EAF068F.jpeg
Views: 542
Size:  94.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A screenshot from the USP with the Super penetration ammo.

Name:  85E1AEB3-EEFE-40C7-B851-1EFE0A9A6B73.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  44.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No, the original 9/40 USP mags are all plastic.

Please forgive my late arrival here, accompanied by my ever - present thread drift. After reading the previous posts, I do have a semi-relevant question. I have owned 2 H&K P30SK's and currently own a VP9SK that was purchased in March 2021 and have never seen an H&K plastic magazine. Is it just the USP's that have plastic magazines?
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Site Supporter

9 & 40 USP

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Please forgive my late arrival here, accompanied by my ever - present thread drift. After reading the previous posts, I do have a semi-relevant question. I have owned 2 H&K P30SK's and currently own a VP9SK that was purchased in March 2021 and have never seen an H&K plastic magazine. Is it just the USP's that have plastic magazines?
    I believe it was addressed in another thread but 9mm and 40SW USPs came with plastic mags (w/metal inserts) and the USP45 & 45c came with metal mags.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A screenshot from the USP with the Super penetration ammo.

Name:  85E1AEB3-EEFE-40C7-B851-1EFE0A9A6B73.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  44.2 KB
    I like that muzzle flash. I'd like to know more about incidents where a warning shot provoked a charge. I have a theory that muzzle flash helps avoid that. I haven't seen a warning shot provoke a charge but I've seen them have no effect or send the bear running in the wrong direction entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I like that muzzle flash. I'd like to know more about incidents where a warning shot provoked a charge. I have a theory that muzzle flash helps avoid that. I haven't seen a warning shot provoke a charge but I've seen them have no effect or send the bear running in the wrong direction entirely.
    I had a PH in Zimbabwe that was convinced the muzzle blast from a full auto FN FAL had turned charging leopards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Its just the original USP Full size in 9&40. They came with polymer magazines. Those two models continue to use the polymer mags. They are all polymer, not metal lined as mentioned above. You can literally see it in the German translucent USP mags.

All subsequent HK polymer pistols including the USP 45 AND USP Compact use metal magazines.

Glock started with all polymer mags then went to metal lined. I belive partial metal lined first then the fully metal lined.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-12-2021 at 08:17 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There is an optional "Jet Funnel" mag for the USP9 FS that is metal lined polymer. On HKPro, they are discussed as the most durable/reliable/bombproof HK mags ever made, which would be saying something if true.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

In the HK USP9mm mag I just took apart, the feed lips and the back part and sides of the inside of the mag have metal lining.

I believe this to be the case with the .40 as well.

My understanding is that the translucent white mags do not have as much metal reinforcement and are not recommended for duty.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had a PH in Zimbabwe that was convinced the muzzle blast from a full auto FN FAL had turned charging leopards.
    https://www.sffaudio.com/mindwebs-th...omment-page-1/

User Tag List