Page 136 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    Have never loaded any but have shot plenty of the factory loads. All shot from USP45 and all shot at pigs. That is one more pig killing bullet. Not sure what your intended use is but the factory setup seems real good.
    Would love to hear more about your experiences with the Lehigh and USP, either here or in the main USP field pistol thread.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Would love to hear more about your experiences with the Lehigh and USP, either here or in the main USP field pistol thread.
    This.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    The bullets themselves are available, and I have several different suggested powders to try. It should be a fairly straight forward, quick process. I’m not developing a precision rifle load. For the same price as two 20rd factory boxes, I can load approximately 100 of my own. It’s a no brainer.

Well...speaking of “no brain”....

It seems the item I was looking at as “in stock” at Graf’s was the wrong bullet. The in stock item is .452. Not what I need...
    Last edited by entropy; 08-11-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

USP field pistol thread is what solidified my decision on this pistol. Serves a niche role for me. We do “run and gun” with feral pigs. What may start out on dirt road or 4-wheeler path can instantly turn into a chase through thick swamp. Most of this occurs at night. Long guns are cumbersome in this scenario. That drove me towards chest mounted pistol. Caliber selection and shootability considerations led to a 45 Super capable handgun. At that point the USP was the clear winner for me as I have many many rounds through other HK pistols. Lucked up and traded into an almost new USP45. Vetted it with ball and hst ammo. Ran across the Underwood/Lehigh round and gave it a try. It’s accurate. First try on a pig was impressive. On the run front right shoulder head hit the dirt squealed once and blood squirting out the hole. Never moved again. Shot from about 25 yds. This is a fairly common scenario. Results have varied from DRT to ran 15-20yds. All squeal and BLEED!! My cohorts in crime still carry AR variants but they don’t perform any better with the exception of magazine capacity.

Sports a streamlight wml and rides in a hill people chest bag.

For the purpose it serves I cannot imagine a better solution.

I’ve never tried 45 Super in it because the extreme penetrator round has proven very capable of disposing of pigs.

I always figured the extreme penetrators run lighter than standard weight.

Eg, 160-180 for .45.

With the same weight is there much performance difference with 200gr swc?

Who can mill a USP FS for an Acro?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've been wanting to hear about the performance of the Lehigh solids in hunting applications for a while.

Another +1 to the hive mind chorus.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    With the same weight is there much performance difference with 200gr swc?
    And there's the question on my mind as well, do the various Leigh designs offer clear advantages over existing SWC/WC designs?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Who can mill a USP FS for an Acro?
    My understanding is that is is a difficult proposition. Issue is the thickness of the slide at the area of the firing pin safety plunger. Once the plunger rises to the position that allows moment of the firing pin, there is little clearance to the top surface of the slide. If sufficient material was removed from the top of the slide to mount a RDS, the plunger “raceway” would be exposed.

I did a bit of research back when I first got mine on this, and ended up trying a MGW plate that simply fit the rear sight dovetail and sat on the upper slide surface. A bit cumbersome, took away the rear sight, and in the end I scrapped the whole idea.

Maybe someone has stepped in with a solution. I’d be interested too. In the meantime, I’m just rocking the Meps.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'd be interested in learning if something could be done to work with the USP 45 Expert's inset sight milling. Or maybe just use it as a paradigm for other milling.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List