Page 134 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

My wife isn’t set up with a sealed emitter dot gun and holster yet, so she has been carrying her HK45C with penetrator ammo.

Name:  161B3575-1C13-480E-A914-1E872416FD7D.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  58.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Between slides, frames and optics, I have a number of configurations, but they all use these up here.

Name:  F0EB41E2-4616-49CC-B90B-DC2A99879647.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  41.0 KB

Duplicate

Are all of the HK mags now made of plastic? Didn't they used to be steel? I looked at a USP the other day in a shop and they were plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Are all of the HK mags now made of plastic? Didn't they used to be steel? I looked at a USP the other day in a shop and they were plastic.
    The usp series (full size 9mm and 40 cal) uses a plastic magazine (I assume there’s more metal under the plastic than just the feed lips but not positive. Everything else I can think of uses a metal magazines.

Jason

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    The usp series (full size 9mm and 40 cal) uses a plastic magazine (I assume there’s more metal under the plastic than just the feed lips but not positive. Everything else I can think of uses a metal magazines.

Jason
    No, the original 9/40 USP mags are all plastic.

My USP 45 mags are metal, but its been years since I ordered any. Don't know if they have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElGMvuTC54E

All 45 ACP mags are metal.

The USP 40 and 9 (full size) mags are plastic. Some have partial metal inserts and others (like the new 18 rounders) have full metal inserts.

The USP Compact, P2000, P30 and VP9 mags are all metal.

To the best of my knowledge:

USP 45, USPC45, HK45, HK45C , P30 series, P2000 series, Mark23, VP9, USP9 & 40 compact, P7 series are steel.

USP9, USP40 , The black plastic mags have steel liners, the white plastic mags do not have a full metal liner.

So, to make a long story short, due to a lack of holsters, I’ll be taking my 226 loaded with BB Outdoorsman 147 +P hardcast as my carry gun for an upcoming week long trip to Alaska. I proofed the loads with the guns a little later than I wanted, and every holster for the USP 45 is special order. I am happy that I was able to get a Kenai Chest rig for my P226 (old Cerakote version of the Scorpion). I held off ordering holsters as I wanted to vet the rounds and my strong hand (post carpal tunnel surgery). I had decided on a primary and secondary preparation strategy, hence why I had the USP ready with the 226 as the backup. By the time I was able to get on the range and run everything to my satisfaction, it was too late to source decent holsters for the USP 45. The USP was a relatively recent purchase as primary gun for this trip (selected over a G20 and Model 29 for reasons discussed in this thread). I’m not distraught; I have multiple thousands of rounds through this P226 and magazines. The gun is solid, shoots straight, and is relatively quick for me. The night sights will be replaced soon as half-life fade is setting in, but are fine for now and I like stock sig irons. As has been pointed out in this thread, this gun’s purpose is not hunting, it’s to give me a fighting chance in an emergency. Reliability, penetration, and shootability were my priorities. I considered my Gen5 G17 or G34 but chose the 226 as I preferred the DA/SA gun for this purpose, reliability is a wash between them and I’ve been working with the 226 more over the past few months. If I started with the G17 as my alternate and it had run fine with the BB ammo, I’d be as happy running it. In hindsight, preferring the Glock might have made sense since I was worried about hand strength after the surgery. As it is, I haven't had any issues running a double action trigger since I've gotten back on the gun. At a certain point though, one has to make the call on the best of the equipment they have at hand and that's where I'm at(I've seen guys in other professions go into analysis paralysis of their gear when what they needed to do was lace up their boots and get moving). My thanks to everyone who's built this mega thread and the experience they've shared, notably GJM.

PS: Yes, first post. I've been a Ninja watcher for years...I had a life

User Tag List