Page 125 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Next step is to get it out in the snow and the woods, tag some steel with it, and see how it goes.
    Shoot The Test late on a rainy night. Then move a few hundred yards with the gun in your hand and shoot The Test again.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Not to sound dumb...but what am I looking for here?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

At the end of the session, I was making ragged single hole groups with it out to 10yds, albeit at a speed that is nowhere near where I need to be yet.
    What helped me build speed with the red dot is to not think of it as a red dot but as a red streak. @GJM can probably expand on this but I see it as the RDS equivalent to the “flash sight picture”. As the gun is recoiling, observe how much your red dot is streaking. As long as the streak is in the acceptable target area and you’re pressing the trigger without disturbing the allignment of the barrel, you’re good to go. I see way too many people overconfirming their sights with red dots all the time. There’s certain amount of timing you have to have when using a red dot at speed, especially when shooting on the move.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Well geez...that sounds easy enough! Lol

I WAS speeding up towards the end. I was starting to do single shot presentations from retention and finding the dot “there” as I finished the push out.

No need to worry about me “confirming the irons”.

1. I have no rear sight now that the mounting plate is installed.
    2. Without my reading glasses or naked eyes (minus my contacts or glasses for normal vision), I can’t see the damn things anyhow.

That’s why I got the RDS!

Practice, practice, practice....

Interestingly enough, there is no “bloom” using this sight with glasses, contacts, or naked eyes. It’s a very crisp dot. Same with a Holosun 503 I purchased a while back. The older Aimpoint I have on a carbine suffers from the “grapes effect”. I guess my astigmatism likes the open design of these...
    Last edited by entropy; 01-08-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Not to sound dumb...but what am I looking for here?
    Nothing dumb about it. You’re looking to see how this combination works in the low light and bad weather, which is a likely use case for a field pistol. You step out of the tent, see a bear, and shoot it. It runs away. You follow. You find it again and shoot it some more.

Get the whole rig and both hands soaking wet before you shoot the second Test.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Post 8, by the now deceased G3Kurz from HK Pro is a great history on the USP and successor pistols:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...72-usp-ct.html
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

RIP G3 Kurz.

Huge source of information and experience. No ego just knowledge. Well worth reading everything he posted on HKPro. I’d guess he participated on other forums, but on HKPro he was knowledge and experience bar none.

Heinie Slant Pro’s?

Have any of you USP 45 FS shooters tried the Heinie Slant Pro’s? If so - Results?

Been looking for other than factory sights. Searched this thread and PM’d GJM - he relayed that the Triji HD’s are POA/POI w BB 230gn Super and w/ the Lehigh penetrators.

Triji HD’s would work fine but not my favorite sight picture.

Other options look to be meprolights and Dawsons. Dawson’s website does not reveal the tritium front sight for the USP.

Appreciate any aftermarket sight info!

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by KneeShot View Post
    Have any of you USP 45 FS shooters tried the Heinie Slant Pro’s? If so - Results?

Been looking for other than factory sights. Searched this thread and PM’d GJM - he relayed that the Triji HD’s are POA/POI w BB 230gn Super and w/ the Lehigh penetrators.

Triji HD’s would work fine but not my favorite sight picture.

Other options look to be meprolights and Dawsons. Dawson’s website does not reveal the tritium front sight for the USP.

Appreciate any aftermarket sight info!

Jeremy
    https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...-front-sights/

Thank you NPV, Dawson does indeed have tritium front sites, w/ a lot of height options!

I felt a need to commit and ordered the HD’s w/ an LEM kit from the Hk webshop. Time to get this show on the road.

Jeremy

User Tag List