Page 124 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1504

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Anybody have a mag carrier/pouch recommendation for the USP .45? I have a George AIWB holster on order from JM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde from Carolina View Post
    Anybody have a mag carrier/pouch recommendation for the USP .45? I have a George AIWB holster on order from JM.
    I prefer fixed Kydex loops, so I really like JM's version 2.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’d give my left nut, and maybe even my other left nut, to find a Safariland 6378 ALS or even a 6004 for mine. Alas...they’re like unicorns that speak Latin...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I’d give my left nut, and maybe even my other left nut, to find a Safariland 6378 ALS or even a 6004 for mine. Alas...they’re like unicorns that speak Latin...

Well dang...I found a 6270 in decent shape on eBay. $26 with shipping. Glad I’m married with grown kids. I figured what the heck, I’ve spent more on a flight of stouts....

We’ll see!

Decided to dive into the world of pistol red dots with this. Ordered a plate from EGW to replace the rear sight. If it goes well, I’ll look into having the slide machined. If not, I’m out $50 and will toss the red dot onto an AR pistol. Stay tuned...

Just stumbled on this 1998 review of the USP line while looking for something else... one of the more detailed reviews out there:

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/displ...darticles=3556

Name:  96CDC21F-18D8-405A-A482-EE3C6EC2D49D.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  96.7 KB

Well, my first attempt with a red dot on a pistol. A bit of an experiment. We’ll see how it goes. Lots of questions with adaptability in the field, exposure to dirt and elements.
    Last edited by entropy; 01-04-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Got to play with a USP 45 at the range today. It was very nice, but compared to my P2000, it was massive. Not quite sure how some folks here effectively conceal 'em.
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-04-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Took the USP/RDS combo to the range yesterday for the first time. Got it zeroed. It was already pretty close using a laser training device I had laying around and utilized. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but while “OK”, there was no epiphany or parting of the seas when I shot it. I’m still at the point where I’m “hunting” a bit for the dot when I bring the gun up. That will fade as I get muscle memory and work it a bit more. At the end of the session, I was making ragged single hole groups with it out to 10yds, albeit at a speed that is nowhere near where I need to be yet. Next step is to get it out in the snow and the woods, tag some steel with it, and see how it goes. The Fricke holster issues (hot spots) have been solved by adding a spacer under the QLS fork. Decided to spring for a Stormrider belt which will hopefully be here in a few weeks and I’ll get it all put together. Meanwhile I guess we’ll just work with it and see if it’s all that it’s cracked up to be....I was hoping to hear harp music...but...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Got to play with a USP 45 at the range today. It was very nice, but compared to my P2000, it was massive. Not quite sure how some folks here effectively conceal 'em.
    Funny thing, if you lay one next to a G17, they're almost identical.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List