Page 105 of 153 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Photo from ADN (Anchorage) today:

Attachment 27795
    To the creative folks here: MAKE THIS A MEME!
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Photo from ADN (Anchorage) today:

Attachment 27795

Ha! I gave that lesbobile a jump at lunch at the trailhead parking lot. Didn’t get the story about the window until I heard it on the radio. Good pics!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Meh, I’m more concerned with Tweekus Americanus.

Attachment 27598
    ROFLMAO. Thank you for a good laugh. I believe that pic is from a movie?

My buddy sent this video to me last night.

Hiker with mama griz and 2 cubs:

https://youtu.be/WoQN9v1ui8c

Getting ready for our CDT trip. I have been practicing with the newly acquired hk45c and going to run it in a HPG kit bag while on the motorcycle.

The HK45c has been hitting 2" low at 20 yards with 230 gr ammo. Have some BB and Lehigh on the way... but it looks like others have had the same issues with the HK45c ...
    @GJM - what front sight height do you use on your HK45C?

Thanks - Josh

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post

Getting ready for our CDT trip. I have been practicing with the newly acquired hk45c and going to run it in a HPG kit bag while on the motorcycle.

The HK45c has been hitting 2" low at 20 yards with 230 gr ammo. Have some BB and Lehigh on the way... but it looks like others have had the same issues with the HK45c ...

Thanks - Josh

Wow. Shouldn't he just get off the trail?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Has anyone measured split times and drill times with their USP 45 variants and compared them to other guns? I am just curious, I've read people claim the slide speed on the USP is slow and I generally find the USP double action to single action transition a little harder than other guns like Berettas.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Has anyone measured split times and drill times with their USP 45 variants and compared them to other guns? I am just curious, I've read people claim the slide speed on the USP is slow and I generally find the USP double action to single action transition a little harder than other guns like Berettas.
    GJM has some vids around here of that sort of thing. Also comparing .45 Super and .45 ACP. Very worth hunting down. They may be in this thread somewhere.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post

https://youtu.be/WoQN9v1ui8c

Thanks - Josh

Drive the dot!

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    USP is slower for me than a 92, but then again the 92 doesn’t shoot .45 Super.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

DA to SA slower or slide speed slower ?

Thoughts on speed of USP Match LEM 9 vs P30 LEM 9mm ?

Thoughts on USP 45 cocked and locked vs USP 45 Match/LEM on splits & first shot.

I finally got to the range with the USP 45 Elite. First though, a few observations about the pistol:

- Unlike the very angular slide of the rest of the USP line, the Elite is tapered with a relatively narrow top and radiused corners. It's more like the HK45 or P-series slides. And of course it has the smaller forward extension.

- I really like the 8.35-inch sight radius. Easy for no longer young eyes to focus on the front sight.

- It's a big pistol, but almost exactly the same overall length (9.5 inches) as my GP100 Match Champion. Different shape of course which is hard to quantify.

Onto a quick range report. I put a little over 100 rounds through it, an assortment of what I already had in 45 acp and what was readily available on local shelves. That's not much, HKs can take a couple hundred rounds to break in so let's consider this preliminary. It was all slow fire target shooting, we had several newbies at the range tonight so us off-duty RSO's had to set a good example.

It did not like 230 gr FMJ Fiocchi, four stoppages and not the greatest accuracy. maybe that's a stiff new gun, maybe the ammo, maybe both (I saved 10 rounds from that box to try later). I was just starting to worry a little but switching to Winchester white box, flawless from there on and better accuracy. Some Hornady Critical Duty 220 gr +p, and a 1.5-inch freehand five round group at 15 yards. Four of those were one ragged hole. Similarly good accuracy with 185 and 230 gr reloads. The adjustable sights were dead on right out of the box.

Recoil was less than I expected from a 33.8 oz pistol, even with the +p rounds, not bad at all. I'll see about some faster shot strings in the not too distant future.

I need to spend some more time with it, first impressions are good though. One downside, hardly anyone makes holsters for the longslide variants.

User Tag List