Page 143 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes for most field carry because of the dot, but nothing on earth truly replaces a USP FS with Super ammo.
    Isn't there a way to put a dot on the USP? Pretty sure I've seen it before

LGS is sending a dozen USPT slides to Rowland for conversion to 460. It will be interesting to see how they turn out, I may have to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Garand View Post
    LGS is sending a dozen USPT slides to Rowland for conversion to 460. It will be interesting to see how they turn out, I may have to get one.
    I have a USP FS that was converted to 460 Rowland by Rowland. Init ially I had function problems. Problem solved with a call to Rowland who provided extra power magazine springs. Would suggest you LGS order the mag springs with conversion order.

FWIW,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Isn't there a way to put a dot on the USP? Pretty sure I've seen it before
    Two ways: I have seen slides that are milled, and you buy the appropriate plate for the dot footprint, or you buy a plate that replaces the rear sight.

https://hkparts.net/product/red-dot-...ze-p18898.htm/

For me, the best part of the USP FS .45 is all the HK goodness, and changing mag springs and doing that level of modification (.460) makes it a different firearm.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For me, the best part of the USP FS .45 is all the HK goodness, and changing mag springs and doing that level of modification (.460) makes it a different firearm.
    Concur. If I ever move away from the GP100 to another semi-auto as a field gun, I want it to be one where I take it out of the box, shove ammo in the bottom and make bullets come out of the front going really fast. I dicked around with springs and such with Glock 20s for way too long.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    Two ways: I have seen slides that are milled, and you buy the appropriate plate for the dot footprint, or you buy a plate that replaces the rear sight.

https://hkparts.net/product/red-dot-...ze-p18898.htm/
    -

Here is an example of Trijicon's verison of plate that replaces the rear sight on a Glock M20. Makes for a decent mount but you loose open sight capability.

FWIW,

Paul

Once you get a dot on the USP, the next problem is a suitable holster for field use that protects the optic.

Site Supporter
    @GJM

Outside of .45 Super, what is the reliability of the .45 USPc like compared to the HK45c and full-size USP?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    @GJM

Outside of .45 Super, what is the reliability of the .45 USPc like compared to the HK45c and full-size USP?
    USP Compacts have been very reliable for me, on par with other HK pistols, except with Super loads.

User Tag List