Page 118 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by hardscrabble View Post
    I don’t know how I went this long without discovering this thread, but I’m glad I did. Thanks for all the great information archived here.

I was looking hard for a G20 (even though I had serious reservations I couldn’t come with options other than my Blackhawk 45 Colt, and I knew that wasn’t going to work) to cover my Bridger Teton elk hunt this fall. Lucky for me, 2 local sales fell through (bad, bubba’d gun and a bad seller who couldn’t make rendezvous). Also lucky about that time I discovered this thread and found other options, which included a pistol I already own. I have Underwood ammo and a Kenai chest rig on order for my USP. The piece has always fired anything I’ve tried so I plan to run 20 through it to test and call it good as long as that goes well.

I have carried P2000/ P30’s. all LEM light, for years. Now that I’m back shooting the USP and my HK45 regularly again thanks to this thread, I’m wondering if I need to step up to an HK45c and see how that works out for carry in place of the 9mm.

My USP is V1, but going to V3 this week. I consider that my best option for chest-rig carry in big bear country. My HK45 is LEM, but I have the parts to put it back to the original V1, so a simple matter to move it to V3 also, putting my 2 full-sized 45’s into the same configuration. I’m thinking I’d like to try the 45c in LEM, so I don’t confuse myself any more than necessary with the other pistols I carry in appendix rigs.

Finally my question/request for info:

Am I right that there is absolutely no reason I shouldn’t be able to pull the LEM kit out of the HK45 full size and pop it right into a compact, if all I can come up with is a NON-LEM pistol? There is a DA/SA V1 compact that might be a good option locally.

Thanks.
    I did something along the same lines, bought a LEM kit from HK, and put it into a HK45ct, at that time I was shooting mostly Glocks and dabbling in LEM, as we all know that dosen't work.. I could'nt shoot the LEM worth a damn..I took the LEM kit out, converted the HK45ct back to DA/SA. A few years later, I switched to shooting DA/SA, and late last year I traded a G19, for a USPc in .45 auto, even up.. I put the same LEM kit into the USP, as the DA/SA trigger it had was horrid..The kit went in without a problem, all I did was to go over to the HK Pro site and look in their reference section to brush up in installation, and to make sure I had all the parts..It took about 20 minutes to install. The USPc is now my EDC..
    Last edited by ralph; 08-11-2019 at 08:46 PM.

I think the .45 super has been established as a good field pistol. So what about as a 50 yard ish deer gun? Been wanting to put together a semi auto deer gun and originally thought of a glock 20 but with all the issues and everything you have to add (adjustable sights, new springs, possible new barrel) im wondering is a usp expert might make more sense as it basically ready to go out of the box. Thoughts? there currently $880ish on grab a gun with the standard usp just a few bucks different.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    I think the .45 super has been established as a good field pistol. So what about as a 50 yard ish deer gun? Been wanting to put together a semi auto deer gun and originally thought of a glock 20 but with all the issues and everything you have to add (adjustable sights, new springs, possible new barrel) im wondering is a usp expert might make more sense as it basically ready to go out of the box. Thoughts? there currently $880ish on grab a gun with the standard usp just a few bucks different.
    Expert is a good choice and here in Ohio it's legal where as a standard USP is not - 5" barrel requirement. Check your state's info as it may be similar. Unless you need the quickest draw possible or carry iwb, the longer slide is always better anyways IMO.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  4851A2A4-22BF-49BE-87FF-5A246F6BCF57.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  69.3 KB

Once the LEM kit shows up, I’ll get down to shootin’!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Name:  4851A2A4-22BF-49BE-87FF-5A246F6BCF57.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  69.3 KB

Once the LEM kit shows up, I’ll get down to shootin’!
    What holster is that?

Site Supporter
    I don’t know about the .45 Super but I shot a few dozen injured deer in my career with a .45 ACP. (Federal .45D 230 gr JHP- I never recovered one, they went through) Most were close but more than a few were 40-50 yards. I would not hesitate to use a .45 auto inside 50 yards provided your gun and skill can put the bullet in the vitals

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    What holster is that?

Dale Fricke Gideon Elite set up per GJM with a Safariland QLS fork.

I dont want to do a dedicated padded belt, but may go with a Wilderness CSM. I’m working with my first ever secondary pistol belt right now, and trying to decide the best option.

Well...emailed HK. Prompt response but stated LEM kit is backordered thru at least November...well that’s no good. Gun is collecting dust with very few rounds shot. I managed to score the individual parts albeit at an elevated price. So, hopefully my GJM inspired pistol, which will match it’s USPc smaller brother, will be up soon.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I believe if you want to go LEM-Match hybrid, the least expensive option is to piece it together, rather than buying both kits. Once I get my poop in a group and successfully complete said installation, I may remember to post up part numbers used.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List