Page 100 of 153 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

I stopped by a LGS the other day, and was able to handle a USPf 45 and a 45 elite, and apparently they could get a 45 expert in easily enough. Not only do these fit my hand, they feel better than expected. And the elite balances surprisingly well.

Do I need one of these right now? No, not really. No plans to visit Alaska or the northern rockies in the immediate future, the only brown bears around here are on the state flag, and I have other HKs that are capable of handling what does occur locally. Still, it's tempting....
    Last edited by Salamander; 06-21-2018 at 08:30 PM.

For me, the great thing about the USP FS and Tactical is I can wear them in an appendix holster under a t shirt. This is from a few days ago, hiking out in griz country.

Name:  6FCEA381-044F-4116-AE56-31A9CB8AB571.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  96.6 KB

Later, back in town I had a bear encounter, but it ended well.

Name:  6582FCF5-C2D9-4456-B670-552A28AD95B1.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  53.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM,

Ever handled and MK23? There aren’t many reviews out there from people I’d trust for an insightful impression into the gun. Just curious if you have any thoughts on it. Since it’s so overbuilt (capable of 30k of +P), would it ever be a reasonable choice as a dedicated 45 super launcher when concealment isn’t an issue? Or is it just to big?

The Mk23 is HUGE. Overbuilt doesn't begin to describe it. So much so that it was pretty much DOA in the field - there's simply no point in lugging around a pistol that large and heavy. Frankly, I'd be surprised to find that it does anything better than a USP45F - but I'll admit I've never shot 45 Super out of either.

I have some experience with the Mk23. It is Desert Eagle sized. It has a number of odd features. You could buy two USP .45’s (maybe 3?) for the price of one offensive pistol (Mk 23).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had 3 MK23s. Very accurate, large etc... 9 1/2" OAL. Separate hammer drop, TINY safety levers. Probably meant to be carried DA first shot ? I much prefer the USP either cocked and locked or LEM/ Match hybrid.

MK23 is large etc..... but how many carry 4"+ revolvers that are as long and heavier ? Too big for me in AIWB. USP is fine for me in AIWB.

I like the HK USPT 45 better for 99% of any use. I also like the full size USP very well. USP Expert is also nice.

2002 American Handgunner Tactical Annual said 6000 rounds of .45 Super had been fired through a stock full size USP 45 with no damage. USP is overbuilt enough I think.
    Last edited by 1slow; 06-23-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    GJM,

Ever handled and MK23? There aren’t many reviews out there from people I’d trust for an insightful impression into the gun. Just curious if you have any thoughts on it. Since it’s so overbuilt (capable of 30k of +P), would it ever be a reasonable choice as a dedicated 45 super launcher when concealment isn’t an issue? Or is it just to big?
    What ^^ those guys said.

One needs a bear gun in built up areas in AK!

Last edited by JHC; 06-25-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    GJM,

The Mk23 was described to me by a former Navy door kicker as more akin to an SBR than a pistol. Honestly didn't seem to enthusiastic about it, but then he wasn't worried about Brown Bears, either.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

User Tag List