Page 150 of 153 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Different strokes for different folks...literally in this case. The familiarity on the LEM for me is what does it. I was forced to learn the quirkiness of that trigger and after a while embraced it. Wet hands, cold hands, tired hands...it feels the same way each time on every shot. For my needs, that is worth whatever sacrifice is made over other triggers and platforms.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

i went LEM and LEM /MATCH Hybrid.

Thumb arthritis compromises hard shooting grip in holster with thumb on lever . This limits cocked & locked. I loathe HK DA and possible strain on finger in high use.

Hence LEM of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Different strokes for different folks...literally in this case. The familiarity on the LEM for me is what does it. I was forced to learn the quirkiness of that trigger and after a while embraced it. Wet hands, cold hands, tired hands...it feels the same way each time on every shot. For my needs, that is worth whatever sacrifice is made over other triggers and platforms.
    THIS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CakeEater View Post
    It’s the only way to fly! I remember after getting my wisdom teeth pulled fresh in the Marine Corps, I got Vicodin for the first time. I was reading a book and saw the words coming off the page. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like the match hybrid LEM trigger or DA/SA with the lever acting as a decocker only, not as a thumb safety.
    I'll look into what it takes to convert it to decocker only. What gives me pause about the V1 is accidentally decocking the hammer when disengaging the safety.

The great thing about the USP is, you can configure it to whatever variant best fits your needs. Don't let that entropy guy fool you, since he can fly an airliner, tail dragger, and everything in between, I am pretty sure he can handle a DA SA trigger!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post

I'll look into what it takes to convert it to decocker only. What gives me pause about the V1 is accidentally decocking the hammer when disengaging the safety.
    It's a three minute, seven sixteen dollar plate swap, literally.

(Price went up lol)

Buy it directly from H&K, avoid the "other" parts supplier.

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...5%2B6/p/214255
    Last edited by Archer1440; 03-13-2024 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    It's a three minute, seven sixteen dollar plate swap, literally.

(Price went up lol)

Buy it directly from H&K, avoid the "other" parts supplier.

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...5%2B6/p/214255
    That link is to the detent plate that converts to Variant 5 or 6 (i.e. DAO with a safety). What he wants is the 3-4 plate which is decocker no safety.

[The only reason I know this is that I am also looking for a 3-4 plate for my USPs and they seem to be perpetually out of stock.]

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    That link is to the detent plate that converts to Variant 5 or 6 (i.e. DAO with a safety). What he wants is the 3-4 plate which is decocker no safety.

[The only reason I know this is that I am also looking for a 3-4 plate for my USPs and they seem to be perpetually out of stock.]
    You're right, I misread the post! The plate I'm discussing allows cocked-and-locked carry and I have had that on the brain lately. Thanks for the correction.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The great thing about the USP is, you can configure it to whatever variant best fits your needs. Don't let that entropy guy fool you, since he can fly an airliner, tail dragger, and everything in between, I am pretty sure he can handle a DA SA trigger!

No rotary wing. They scare me. Lol

Don’t let the innards intimidate you either. I spent years staring at my personal USPc wanting to exactly duplicate the issued one. When I searched out the USP .45FS, I could only locate one that was Variant 1. I ordered up the LEM parts, the magic pliers, and summoned the Teutonic gods for strength. I was surprised how straight forward and simple it was to work on.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

So I've been reading a bit more of the thread, and I see @GJM that you've been using a 9 mm for a field pistol. Now I don't want to detract from the spirit of this thread, but have you, or anyone else here, considered any of the PCC's out there as a field pistol?

I have an APC9K that shares the same mags as my CCW's. Any reason not to keep a folded APC9K with 33 rounds of the appropriate ammo in your day pack?

Of course if the bear gets the jump on you then your best bet is whatever you have holstered. I figure a Glock with 17 rounds + another 33 rounds that could be shoulder fired (and with a decent red dot mounted) would be a good set up.

I will say that every bear encounter I've had so far was from about 50ish to 75 yards away. And they never seemed interested enough to walk towards me. I think in those scenarios I would have had time to pull an APC9K out of my pack, but I'd be lying if I said I've actually been charged by a bear before.

Again, the PCC might be outside the scope of what this thread is about. It was just the responsible side of me saying "you don't need to buy that USP field pistol, we have a field pistol at home".

User Tag List