Page 114 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If shot out of a revolver yes, but the USP has had feeding problems with some wide meplat hard cast loads like the Buffalo Bore.
    In your opinion, between a FMJ flat nose and a hard cast with a similar profile, which would preferred, assuming similar reliability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Just wondering if anybody has tested this particular hard cast .45 super load in their USP?

https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...18791276707897

I know the similar bullets from buffallo bore gave problems.

Partially inspired by this thread, I decided to pick up a .45 USP. I have owned HK45, HK45C and used to Own USP45 compacts, but I always avoided the full-size because of my impression that the gun was "too big." However, over the years I have found my sensitivity to grip size, triggers etc has dropped off. I am more likely to find a grip too small than too big.

Anyway, I found a nice one at the local gs and traded the godawful shockwave I bought on a whim. It is a 99 model in barely used condition with a single AWB era 12 rounder. I paid $550 before the trade ($225 for the shockwave which wasn't bad considering I got it from Brownells shipped for free for around $275 a few weeks ago). I quickly bought three more 12 rounders off gun broker and ordered some HD sights. Then I found me a used Galco paddle. A fully outfitted blaster with mags, sights, holster for less than a new one off gun broker. For once, I did good!

Anyway, I took it out and ran 200 rounds through it the first day and was fairly impressed with the recoil. It isn't as smooth as a 1911, but wasn't as much of a see-saw as I expected. Today I took out the Beretta 92 GSD and blazed on my pistol plates (I am lucky enough to have my own pistol pit these days). I then ran the USP with some WWB and noticed that it was pretty smooth. Obviously splits weren't as good as the heavy 9mm, but it was less than you might expect. If you transitioned between plates instead of double tapping the plates there was basically no difference...and the HD front sight is huge on the USP. Really good for 46 years old eyes that were never good.

So, I have a fair amount of property and more heavy wild life than you would expect in middle GA. I decided after a recent alligator visit that I might prefer a little more blaster than my J-frame when clearing brush, etc. The only thing I miss is the first round of snake shot in the J-frame so I guess I'll just carry both.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Has anyone tried out the TLR-4 with USP clamp and ran any rounds through it? I was thinking it might be a reasonable addition for beside the bed duty. I am afraid it looks a little dinky for .45 use.
    Last edited by Greg Bell; 07-07-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Partially inspired by this thread, I decided to pick up a .45 USP. I have owned HK45, HK45C and used to Own USP45 compacts, but I always avoided the full-size because of my impression that the gun was "too big." However, over the years I have found my sensitivity to grip size, triggers etc has dropped off. I am more likely to find a grip too small than too big.

Anyway, I found a nice one at the local gs and traded the godawful shockwave I bought on a whim. It is a 99 model in barely used condition with a single AWB era 12 rounder. I paid $550 before the trade ($225 for the shockwave which wasn't bad considering I got it from Brownells shipped for free for around $275 a few weeks ago). I quickly bought three more 12 rounders off gun broker and ordered some HD sights. Then I found me a used Galco paddle. A fully outfitted blaster with mags, sights, holster for less than a new one off gun broker. For once, I did good!

Anyway, I took it out and ran 200 rounds through it the first day and was fairly impressed with the recoil. It isn't as smooth as a 1911, but wasn't as much of a see-saw as I expected. Today I took out the Beretta 92 GSD and blazed on my pistol plates (I am lucky enough to have my own pistol pit these days). I then ran the USP with some WWB and noticed that it was pretty smooth. Obviously splits weren't as good as the heavy 9mm, but it was less than you might expect. If you transitioned between plates instead of double tapping the plates there was basically no difference...and the HD front sight is huge on the USP. Really good for 46 years old eyes that were never good.

So, I have a fair amount of property and more heavy wild life than you would expect in middle GA. I decided after a recent alligator visit that I might prefer a little more blaster than my J-frame when clearing brush, etc. The only thing I miss is the first round of snake shot in the J-frame so I guess I'll just carry both.

Has anyone tried out the TLR-4 with USP clamp and ran any rounds through it? I was thinking it might be a reasonable addition for beside the bed duty. I am afraid it looks a little dinky for .45 use.
    Get some shot shells. My USP 9 will feed them reliably. Worth a try.

The USP 45 is a tank. The match hybrid LEM is arguably the best HK hammer gun trigger available. If you keep DA/SA, I like the plate that defeats the thumb safety, and makes it a decocker only.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Well count me in as another “victim” of this thread.

I picked up a NIB USP .45 a few weeks back. A call to HK and Beth in CS got a LEM kit ordered up since the gun is currently V1. That’s due back in stock within a few weeks. Once installed, it will match the smaller USPc .40 LEM. Holsters have been a bit problematic. I really wanted a Safariland 7TS to match the USPc, but they don’t make it. Second was a 6378, but no go on that either. I followed GJMs path and emailed Dale Fricke and inquired about getting a Gideon set up for an QLS fork. That’s currently enroute as well.

I’ve shot it a bit using S&B 230gr ball. Very smooth in recoil. Trigger is typical HK V1...herculean in operation. The plan is for it to have it along with my .44 GP100 for woods use.

Pics to follow when I get all the pieces...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Allright! Beside the bed blaster and property hiking gun complete....

1. Swapped out safety plate for decocker only.
    2. Found a Surefire adaptor I remembered seeing at a local gunstore more that 10 years ago. This guy puts MSRP on everything so he ends up being a place where things tend to linger on the wall. Good for me.
    3. Ordered a DG switch off Ebay.
    4. Swapped X400 off my Beretta.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice!

Awaiting my LEM kit from Columbus, GA and my holster from Bozeman, MT. That reminds me...need to order some ammo from SGAmmo!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nice!

Awaiting my LEM kit from Columbus, GA and my holster from Bozeman, MT. That reminds me...need to order some ammo from SGAmmo!
    In the USP FS, I settled on Critical Duty 230 +P as my JHP load and Underwood 45 Super with the Lehigh penetrator as my penetration field load.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In the USP FS, I settled on Critical Duty 230 +P as my JHP load and Underwood 45 Super with the Lehigh penetrator as my penetration field load.
    Love that Critical Duty load but it's a little too much of a good thing for me in a 1911 for carry. I load it for deer hunting though.

Prolly just right in this big horse pistol USP.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List