Page 146 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Want your usp to have wear an acro? Lander's can do that now...

https://www.landersweaponsystems.com...-mps-optic-cut
    Wow, that is so good that it hurts to see. I have some vague awareness that the USP9 has a lightened slide as compared to the 40 and 45 variants that complicates optics mounting, but I didn't see anything at the link that was caliber-specific.

My new (to me) full rail Springfield is my current obsession, and I hope to fix it up into a 45 Super and perhaps eventually 460 Rowland field pistol. I reeallly want to see about a "big 9", and I've been casting about for the right platform, and this might be pushing me over the edge back into the USP.

I never should have let that first USP9 go.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Smart money is on Charlie all day long. 🤣
    As the man once said, "a man's got to know his limitations." 😊 Same guy had a decent bear gun, too.

I did have some field gun action yesterday, out at the cabin, when we looked out and a porcupine was waddling towards Astro, who was down on the lake shore watching for birds. I grabbed the 14 inch Benelli and went drag-assing out in my Crocs. The Brenneke may have been overkill.

Name:  EEAB5C0A-CCF2-4E96-BF8E-6E9F55115DAC.jpg
Views: 1629
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  BF0F4E31-2409-41FE-B4E0-349ECA715659.jpg
Views: 1637
Size:  49.0 KB

A bear caused some mischief at a cabin a few hundred yards down the lake last night, so heads are in a swivel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Update: Handgun or Pistol Against Bear Attack: 93 cases, 97% Effective

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/03/upd...#axzz7TBI0ctQW

"We have found one case where .45 Super pistol was used to defend against a bear. It was successful.

1. 6 Oct. 2017, Wyoming: .45 Super Stops Grizzly Bear Charge

The hunters jumped up and separated. The bear momentarily halted. Kelley fired a warning shot from his .45 Super. The bear moved away a little, behind some fire killed trees and brush, then came in again, fast. Kelly fired again, and the bear went down, rolled down slope and came to a halt, motionless."

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2017/11...ar-charge.html

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    Update: Handgun or Pistol Against Bear Attack: 93 cases, 97% Effective

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/03/upd...#axzz7TBI0ctQW

"We have found one case where .45 Super pistol was used to defend against a bear. It was successful.

1. 6 Oct. 2017, Wyoming: .45 Super Stops Grizzly Bear Charge

The hunters jumped up and separated. The bear momentarily halted. Kelley fired a warning shot from his .45 Super. The bear moved away a little, behind some fire killed trees and brush, then came in again, fast. Kelly fired again, and the bear went down, rolled down slope and came to a halt, motionless."

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2017/11...ar-charge.html
    Interesting excerpt... Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/03/upd...#ixzz7c2pBwYYF
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

He used a 9 mm semiautomatic pistol. Lewis said such a low-caliber gun ordinarily doesn’t pack enough punch to kill a bear. But Brenner loaded the pistol with full-metal-jacket bullets that penetrated to the bear’s vital organs, he said.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Finally sitting down and loading a spread of the Lehigh 200gr. I’ll do some redneck testing and report back.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Finally sitting down and loading a spread of the Lehigh 200gr. I’ll do some redneck testing and report back.
    What's your plan? Velocity wise?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    What's your plan? Velocity wise?
    I had the load data copied from Lehigh. It’s somewhere on the bench. IIRC, it’s in the +P+ .45acp range. One of those projects I had on the short list, but ended up being buried.

Had to go to page 146 to resuscitate this one from the cryo tube...

Times change, life changes, priorities and needs change... Found myself recently in a two day defensive shotgun course. Never took a shotgun course. Learned a bunch. Learned about large bottles of ibuprofen too. Ran my USP .45 as secondary in the class. It had been collecting some dust in the safe along with the USPc .40 LEM that got me going down the HK road years ago. I forgot what a robust, solid platform it truly is. Cold hands, wet hands, pump shotgun cramped hands...it didn’t matter. It ran flawlessly and performed. It shot so soft I was actually looking forward to transition drills to give my paws a break. Time for a serious revisit.

User Tag List