Page 119 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    No desire for the match set up. I’ll be putting it together to mimic my USPc. I have all the parts listed on my invoice. I’ll post them up later. A few were OOS everywhere in June. I checked again after speaking with HK, and low and behold they were available. My fingers were flying trying to assemble the order. Picked up a few more magazines too...because.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Anybody have any old JMCK AIWB mag pouches for the USP 45 Fullsize they want to part with?

After shooting the USP 45 Expert, decided to go with (technically back to) a USP 45 for carry. Thanks to this thread for bringing me back to the USP 45. Once I can find some support gear it will replace the P30LS.

The USP is surely not the latest or greatest, but for ME it checks all the boxes of what I've been looking for. Just annoyed with myself that I didn't look at it again earlier, or just keep it when I had one 2 decades ago...

HK USA is somehow showing the USP/HK45 LEM kit in stock. Plus they're running a free shipping deal this weekend.

Like Entropy, I've been waiting for a backordered LEM kit since the end of June.

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...M-Kit/p/260204

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I believe if you want to go LEM-Match hybrid, the least expensive option is to piece it together, rather than buying both kits. Once I get my poop in a group and successfully complete said installation, I may remember to post up part numbers used.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the last time (about 2 months ago) I priced the individual parts it was more money for just the LEM hammer, hammer axle, sear, and sear than buying the LEM kit.

Anyone NP3 coat the LEM/Match hybrid parts? I'm thinking about doing it for my .45 Expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    HK USA is somehow showing the USP/HK45 LEM kit in stock. Plus they're running a free shipping deal this weekend.

Like Entropy, I've been waiting for a backordered LEM kit since the end of June.

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...M-Kit/p/260204
    Thx for the heads up, I ordered one. Just trying to figure out why I'm being charged tax. I wouldn't think they have a store presence in AZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thx for the heads up, I ordered one. Just trying to figure out why I'm being charged tax. I wouldn't think they have a store presence in AZ?
    https://smallbiztrends.com/2019/01/l...sales-tax.html
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Anyone NP3 coat the LEM/Match hybrid parts? I'm thinking about doing it for my .45 Expert.
    NP3 relies on a heavy grit blast to get the coating to stick, and Robar has warnings about it being unsuitable for hammer/sear surfaces on finely-tuned SA guns. I believe they even say they won't do a classic Sig hammer/sear.

I have a spare classic Sig non-SRT sear I'm thinking about sending out for NiB. My M11-A1 came with what Sig CS calls a "nickel sear," and it's freakin' awesome after break-in. My other Sigs are good, but that is great - it's what Legion buyers wish they were getting. Sig won't sell the part as stand-alone and I'm not willing to pay round trip shipping and their labor costs to do something that takes me ten minutes or less. The CS people I can talk to at first didn't know the part existed, but when they looked up the bill of materials for my serial number, they found the nickel sear listed and dug into it. They could not tell me whether it was electroplated, electroless, or NiB. This may be the same coating, but who knows? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004378054 So I'm going to try something and see what happens. Lots of AR trigger sets are NiB'ed and I haven't heard of one having an issue due to the coating.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 08-18-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

That’s interesting. Kindly CS woman in Columbus specifically stated “Mid November”, along with “Pretty typical of Germany.” Once I get all the parts I ordered, I’ll most likely cx the HK order...unless my card gets charged in the meantime. Let us know if your order is filled.
    Last edited by entropy; 08-18-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Well, a bit of a milestone this evening. I’ve been shooting the HK USP series LEM regularly since 2004. Of all the pistols I have owned, from Sigs to revolvers to 1911’s...the HK was the ONLY pistol I have never detail stripped. It intimidated me. I received the LEM conversion parts for my USP .45 today and I said “Tonight’s THE night!” Took it slow, made sure I understood what I was going to do before I did it..and went at it. Much easier than expected. Took me about an hour to swap from Variant 1 to LEM. Longest step for me was dropping the sear in. For whatever reason, I initially couldn’t wrap my brain around the positioning.

The results are quite pleasant. I replaced the factory TRS with the heavy TRS. This mimics the other two USPc’s. Swapped out the factory blue hammer spring with an 11lb. While not identical to the USPc’s, for whatever reason using the 11lb gives me a pull that is nearly identical. Left the FPB spring as is.

Much thanks to GJM for the inspiration on this. I wanted a semi auto field pistol, and that’s exactly what I got. Now I need to break it in, do some initial drills and get familiar.

List of parts as promised:

HKP-02479 Cocking Piece Elbow, Hammer Rebound Spring For LEM
    HKP-01804 Hammer Spring
    HKP-02509 LEM Cocking Piece
    HKP-02705 LEM Hammer
    HKP-01929 LEM Hammer Axle Variant 7
    HKP-18147 HK Reduced Power Hammer Spring - 11 lb.
    HKP-02704 LEM Sear For All LEM Pistols
    HKP-02265 Heavy Trigger Return Spring 8.5 lbs

Finished product:

Name:  E95F4F37-0FFD-49D8-B2FF-BB936DD5AD20.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  52.7 KB

User Tag List