Page 27 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I believe you can have it with or without thumb safety, but I have it without a thumb safety, which cleans up the grip for me.
    Excellent. Thanks. I've been carrying and competing with Glocks for over a decade now. Going back to a manual safety isn't something I want to do even casually.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Excellent. Thanks. I've been carrying and competing with Glocks for over a decade now. Going back to a manual safety isn't something I want to do even casually.
    In this case, I think you will really like this trigger, as it feels like a long travel, very good Glock trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In this case, I think you will really like this trigger, as it feels like a long travel, very good Glock trigger.
    Lol! Once again this site is costing me money. Did you contact them off the HK USA site?

And you said full size only? I have a USP 45 Compact that would benefit from this mod.

Looking forward to seeing your targets with the new trigger.
    Last edited by El Cid; 07-23-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Lol! Once again this site is costing me money. Did you contact them off the HK USA site?

And you said full size only? I have a USP 45 Compact that would benefit from this mod.

Looking forward to seeing your targets with the new trigger.
    Call HK at (706) 568-1906, select customer service, tell them you want a hybrid match LEM for your USP full size, and that you know Darryl Bolke. That is the magic combo that will cause them to issue you a RA, and in about two weeks from when they get your shipment, you will have a very nice trigger. Pricing was very reasonable -- about $109 for the LEM kit, $21 for the extra parts to make it a match LEM hybrid beyond the standard LEM, and just $45 total labor for two installs for me.

Note -- this is only available on a full size and not the compact, although there may be some version applicable to the Compact less certain parts like the over travel stop on the trigger.

Call HK at (706) 568-1906, select customer service, tell them you want a hybrid match LEM for your USP full size, and that you know Darryl Bolke. That is the magic combo that will cause them to issue you a RA, and in about two weeks from when they get your shipment, you will have a very nice trigger. Pricing was very reasonable -- about $109 for the LEM kit, $21 for the extra parts to make it a match LEM hybrid beyond the standard LEM, and just $45 total labor for two installs for me.

Note -- this is only available on a full size and not the compact, although there may be some version applicable to the Compact less certain parts like the over travel stop on the trigger.
    That is much less expensive than the way I did it. I bought both an LEM kit and a Match kit, which ended up being about twice the price as the way you went. For the Compact, every part except for the actual trigger w/over travel stop will fit.

I'm interested to se your shooting results with the new triggers.

In case anyone thinks this is serious.....the folks who issue the RA will not have a clue who Darryl Bolke is......as GJM found out.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

It appears that's about to change
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

1) JHC, I was looking on the Hornady website, at the penetration data for Hornady Critical Duty. The 45+P seems to outperform the .40 in penetration, which is interesting. I didn't see penetration data for the 10mm load, have you seen it?

2) I got to shoot my USP 40 and 45 with the hybrid match LEM triggers. The good news is that I think they are a definite improvement over regular LEM, and over a DA first shot. I haven't shot them enough to compare against the SA part of a match DA/SA trigger. The bad news is I also shot a Glock 35 as a "control" pistol, and even with the new hybrid HK trigger, when going fast the Glock is still much easier to shoot drills like Garcia dots.

1) JHC, I was looking on the Hornady website, at the penetration data for Hornady Critical Duty. The 45+P seems to outperform the .40 in penetration, which is interesting. I didn't see penetration data for the 10mm load, have you seen it?

10mm http://www.hornady.com/store/10mm-Au...Critical-Duty/

and here: http://www.hornadyle.com/products/ha...75-gr-flexlock with gel test data

Why they are on two pages IDK

Re the .45 ACP - I bet that 220 grain CD load as fast as it is pretty strong.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-25-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    10mm http://www.hornady.com/store/10mm-Au...Critical-Duty/

and here: http://www.hornadyle.com/products/ha...75-gr-flexlock with gel test data

Why they are on two pages IDK

Re the .45 ACP - I bet that 220 grain CD load as fast as it is pretty strong.
    I see the penetration data through the different mediums with the .40 and .45 loads, but not the 10mm Critical Duty. Is it just my connection or am I looking in the wrong place?

User Tag List