Page 98 of 153 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is CDT?
    TCFD273 nailed it... but it is a trail that runs from Canada to Mexico. I am following it while camping off of a motorcycle for 14 days in Sept. We will fly into Boseman, then up to border... and begin driving off road trails down through / near Glacier, then Tetons, then into Rockies in CO, San Juans, into ABQ... and so forth. Looking to get to atleast New mexico

In that case, regardless of whether it was just an afternoon or a month-long hike, I would take some Underwood Lehigh penetrator loads, and a small canister of bear spray.
    That is what I was initially planning on ... and wanting to run 45 Super per your experience- but then saw that USPC didn't fair well. So looking at picking up a HK45C. GJM - I know you opted out of the LEM for how you use the field pistol- could you elaborate more as to what I need to consider re: LEM vs DA/SA in this particular HK that is primarily designed for field use... but will be pressed into CCW because occasionally we need to ride our motorcycles into town, gas up, food runs, and such. So the odd situation is that the pistol will be both "field use" as well as occasional CCW.

Any recommendations on bear spray?

* I can't figure out how to compile multiple quotes into 1 reply.
    Last edited by JPedersen; 06-14-2018 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Cut and paste older reply into one.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    TCFD273 nailed it... but it is a trail that runs from Canada to Mexico. I am following it while camping off of a motorcycle for 14 days in Sept. We will fly into Boseman, then up to border... and begin driving off road trails down through / near Glacier, then Tetons, then into Rockies in CO, San Juans, into ABQ... and so forth. Looking to get to atleast New mexico

That is what I was initially planning on ... and wanting to run 45 Super per your experience- but then saw that USPC didn't fair well. So looking at picking up a HK45C. GJM - I know you opted out of the LEM for how you use the field pistol- could you elaborate more as to what I need to consider re: LEM vs DA/SA in this particular HK that is primarily designed for field use... but will be pressed into CCW because occasionally we need to ride our motorcycles into town, gas up, food runs, and such. So the odd situation is that the pistol will be both "field use" as well as occasional CCW.

Two major brands of spray, both claim to be best. I got a Mystery Ranch holster at Powder Horn in Bozeman for my spray.

Maybe just run Underwood Lehigh .45+P in your current HK. Not enough time to explain now, but I like LEM in USP FS and HK45C, and DA/SA in P30L and USP C. Differences = dancing on the head of a pin.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Wow, I just missed it by a few states. Montana is my second home, moving there permanently when I retire...so I was just showing my bias. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found myself in lower 48 with a USP T, a need for griz protection, and no appendix holster. Tony came through!

Name:  DCC99E1F-D414-40DA-AE1E-A0FB9DC0179F.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  67.4 KB

I found myself in lower 48 with a USP T, a need for griz protection, and no appendix holster. Tony came through!

Name:  DCC99E1F-D414-40DA-AE1E-A0FB9DC0179F.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  67.4 KB
    That looks like a great rig! GJM - thank you for your insight and help. Per your suggestion I have a HK45C on the way to pair with a HPG kit bag for my motorcycle/camping tour. Now I just need to order some 45 super ammo. I have 2 months to vet this pistol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That looks like a great rig! GJM - thank you for your insight and help. Per your suggestion I have a HK45C on the way to pair with a HPG kit bag for my motorcycle/camping tour. Now I just need to order some 45 super ammo. I have 2 months to vet this pistol.

Between my wife and I, we have about a half dozen HK45C pistols, and everyone has been reliable with the Underwood Lehigh. I would be extremely surprised if you have an issue with that pistol and load.

Is this thread the reason I can’t find a USP 45 full-size (not tactical) online anywhere? Or is it just the reason I am frustrated by that fact. Maybe they really are stopping making them...?

Deleted. Double-post, this site is not IPad friendly. :-(
    Last edited by Canyonrat; 06-18-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonrat View Post
    Deleted. Double-post, this site is not IPad friendly. :-(
    Seems like plenty on Gunbroker.

Between my wife and I, we have about a half dozen HK45C pistols, and everyone has been reliable with the Underwood Lehigh. I would be extremely surprised if you have an issue with that pistol and load.
    Perfect ! Will order some asap.

User Tag List