Page 123 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Today was the new USP's maiden voyage into the backcountry, so a photo is in order:

Name:  IMG_2788.JPG
Views: 1289
Size:  37.8 KB

This was taken in the Kalmiopsis Wilderness, 179,000 acres in SW Oregon, near the less used west entrance (Johnson Butte trail). It's a unique place in it's own right, rocky granite, serpentine, and peridotite soils, conifers all mixed up in assemblages found nowhere else...if anyone has read The Klamath Knot, although this is technically part of the Siskiyous it's covered extensively in that book. And that was before it burned twice, in the 2002 Biscuit Fire and the 2017 Chetco Bar Fire. It looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. It's also a rugged hike, hardly a flat spot, lots of up and down, loose rock on the trail. There was one Jeep parked at the trailhead, but I've yet to actually see another human inside the wilderness boundary; and one can see a long way from the ridgetops.

One nice thing about the USP, with the flat sides it's fairly comfortable to carry over rough terrain.

On the way back through Brookings at the end of the day, a middle-aged lady got out of her car at the DQ and dropped her Glock on the sidewalk, didn't notice til she was inside. By that time two LE in the parking lot had picked it up. When last seen she was being asked to follow them to the station to do some paperwork and presumably receive a lecture.

And a difference between California and most anywhere else: In Oregon I can carry any legal pistol pretty nearly anywhere on my permit. In California, I need to add this one to my permit before I can legitimately carry it. Typically takes a couple weeks, in this case it's bi-annual renewal time anyway so it will happen as part of that process. But today, I had to lock it up before crossing back over the state line.
    Last edited by Salamander; 10-03-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    So goodbye spur and hello comfort!
    Just so I'm tracking, this is a bobbed USP hammer that will work in DA/SA (V3/4) guns?

Do you have a link to where you got yours?

Edit: Sorry, I see a few pages back where that came up. Would love to have one on my USP 40 V3. I think the USP is a great all around shooting iron.
    Last edited by UniSol; 10-04-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Maybe a better question; will part #217981 (USP Expert bobbed hammer) work in a standard V3 USP?

Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    Maybe a better question; will part #217981 (USP Expert bobbed hammer) work in a standard V3 USP?
    Yes. This hammer will work in all DA/SA type variants of the USP (V1, V3, V9, etc.). It does not work with LEM.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 10-04-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Yes. This hammer will work in all variants of the USP except LEM.
    Fantastic, thank you. They are in stock at HKparts.

They also have the "old style" bobbed hammers in stock...description says for pre-2004, which mine is, but mine definitely has the newer, rubber spur hammer, not the old style, all metal one. I am just going to go with the Expert hammer.

Thanks for the reply.

Realize that the bobbed Expert hammer is the older style part and will require the older style catch also. The part ordered from MGW gives you the newer style Expert hammer for use with the new style catch.

How old is the USP you want to use it in? Or just look at your USP hammer and see if there is a cutout notch on the right side.

Moved

deleted.....
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-16-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Tony sent me a JM, using the new mold, for my USP Tactical.

Name:  209E26D5-C6A6-4D2E-BCA7-2074C4A0316A.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  74.3 KB

Name:  D926B005-8273-4B0F-8563-8920920D02B9.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  85F27DBB-7888-4391-B6DA-52162F53EAA4.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  88.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Well...after yet another work induced absence, I finally have time to play. Hopefully make a dent in the two cases of hardball next week and wring this thing out a bit. Well...that’s the plan anyhow.

Attachment 42652
    Is that a hard loop Dale Frickle holster?
    ah now I see the belt hanger, what type are you using, how do you like it?
    Last edited by Alembic; 12-05-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    It’s set up to be used with a Safariland QLS mount. I have found that using the belt loop adapter creates a few hot spots. I need to find a proper belt. So far a Wilderness 3-stitch and a bullhide isn’t it. The paddle works fine though. It will be a work in progress then the winter. It’s a woods gun, and presently the “woods” is already covered in about 2 feet of snow.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List