Page 149 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I now recall someone from HK telling a former forum member that the USP FS was theoretically more reliable than the more fitted longer models, like the Expert, due to the longer ones being more "fitted." How much of a reliability difference is unknown.

USP FS isn't bad AIWB for me.
    I’m still recovering from the neighbors 110lb Lab launching himself square into my nether regions a couple weeks back. The thought of somehow getting pinched between a chair seat and a HK muzzle makes my lower abdomen ache just thinking about it. Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

When I was a teen , a tall lean older gentleman, 50 ish, told me why he was carrying a 4 1/2“ revolver rather than 7.5” AIWB.

He said he sat down on one of the bent wood chairs they had in the drug store cafe, pinning one of his testicles between the barrel end and the chair.

He said “ I got up a damn sight faster than I sat down.” Ouch !

I find the HK USP full size to be fine AIWB all day including driving. The Tactical and Expert are doable but not comfortable for me.

I do not wear low rise pants. 5’ 11” , 210 lb.

Elite barrel fitting pads?

On my USP 45 standard size where the hood of the barrel mates up to the breechface is machined smooth, no protrusions. On the Elite 6" barrel there are two fitting pads (?). I wonder if these pads are there to allow the barrel to be hand fit to a closer tolerance. I've provided a link so you can see what I'm talking about. Inquiring minds want to know.

https://hkparts.net/all-parts/h-k-hk...-barrel-black/

USP 45 vs Tactical, Expert, Elite

Thanks all for the replies. I meant to reply sooner but was recovering from surgery.

I have had HK's in the past (P2000 LEM V2, VP9's). I also had one USP 45 Elite I bought at one point in CA. I did not put much rounds through the Elite before selling it. I liked it a lot, but was moving out of CA and selling some things off and it made sense to sell all the handguns to someone else in CA vs bringing them along.

Anyway, I'm thinking something from HPG would work for carrying this. I normally AIWB carry a G19 and that's probably about as large as I can go before it looks too obvious that I'm carrying.

Is V1 still the preferred variant for a field USP45? I like LEM in theory and liked it when all I shot was the P2000. However I'm issued a G19 and since have switched to just carrying and shooting Glocks. That said, shooting a SA (Staccato CS) and Glock back to back doesn't screw with me as bad as what going from LEM to Glock and back would do. So I don't think shooting the SA/DA from time to time would be as bad.

I hope this was coherent, I'm still taking some meds

Site Supporter

Pray for a full and complete recovery

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Thanks all for the replies. I meant to reply sooner but was recovering from surgery.

I have had HK's in the past (P2000 LEM V2, VP9's). I also had one USP 45 Elite I bought at one point in CA. I did not put much rounds through the Elite before selling it. I liked it a lot, but was moving out of CA and selling some things off and it made sense to sell all the handguns to someone else in CA vs bringing them along.

I was stationed in Cali and felt the same way, leave/sell the items to those left behind.

Anyway, I'm thinking something from HPG would work for carrying this. I normally AIWB carry a G19 and that's probably about as large as I can go before it looks too obvious that I'm carrying.

I’ve been running a P30L in a FHF Chest Rig. I’ll have to see how a HK45 and USP fit and Report back.

Is V1 still the preferred variant for a field USP45? I like LEM in theory and liked it when all I shot was the P2000. However I'm issued a G19 and since have switched to just carrying and shooting Glocks. That said, shooting a SA (Staccato CS) and Glock back to back doesn't screw with me as bad as what going from LEM to Glock and back would do. So I don't think shooting the SA/DA from time to time would be as bad. Ok

Unlike the P30/P2000, the beauty of the USP series is you can have it your way and switch to your liking. I’m waiting for the GrayGuns trigger to switch to a Match LEM.

It’s the only way to fly! I remember after getting my wisdom teeth pulled fresh in the Marine Corps, I got Vicodin for the first time. I was reading a book and saw the words coming off the page. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post

Is V1 still the preferred variant for a field USP45? I like LEM in theory and liked it when all I shot was the P2000. However I'm issued a G19 and since have switched to just carrying and shooting Glocks. That said, shooting a SA (Staccato CS) and Glock back to back doesn't screw with me as bad as what going from LEM to Glock and back would do. So I don't think shooting the SA/DA from time to time would be as bad.

I like the match hybrid LEM trigger or DA/SA with the lever acting as a decocker only, not as a thumb safety.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’ll toss my vote in for medium LEM. I shot this for over 15 years before going Glock. That was short lived. Back on the LEM. I would never go DA/SA again.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I’ll toss my vote in for medium LEM. I shot this for over 15 years before going Glock. That was short lived. Back on the LEM. I would never go DA/SA again.
    I was pretty convinced match hybrid LEM was THE answer for the USP FS. Last spring, when I got the Lipsey's LTT USP with the optic, I went to the range with that pistol, and a lower with the match hybrid LEM from another pistol. I shot both, mostly as a formality, to confirm my preference for the LEM. Completely surprised myself by shooting the DA/SA better -- the timer and targets don't lie.

Do you feel the match/ hybrid LEM has any advantages over DA, SA. Perhaps cold hands, gloves , administrative ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Do you feel the match/ hybrid LEM has any advantages over DA, SA. Perhaps cold hands, gloves , administrative ?
    Definitely over a variant with a thumb safety, but with decock only, it gets down to personal preference. If you can deal with the heavy DA pull, the SA is easier for me than LEM. The first season with a USP in AK, I tweaked the tendon in my trigger finger from (excessive) dry fire practice in DA!

User Tag List