Page 121 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1524

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

A couple of stores in my area (northern California coast) including the local Sportsman's Warehouse got shipments of USP 45 FS today. All the ones I saw were gray frame, although they were still unpacking and logging.

No Tactical's here though, they are off-roster in California. There are still a few 45 Experts around from a previous shipment.
    Last edited by Salamander; 09-13-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverB View Post
    Thanks, I saw those - both of them have their Inspection/ Return Policy listed "AS IS - No refund or exchange".

I'll be making this purchase from an HK Stocking Dealer.

I inquired with HK-USA Customer Service to see if they could point me to a dealer with stock and they advised "We should be getting another shipment in from Germany within the next few months."

In the meantime, I'll get holsters, mags and the armorer tools necessary to properly maintain the USP pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    A couple of stores in my area (northern California coast) including the local Sportsman's Warehouse got shipments of USP 45 FS today. All the ones I saw were gray frame, although they were still unpacking and logging.

No Tactical's here though, they are off-roster in California. There are still a few 45 Experts around from a previous shipment.
    Thanks for the info - I'm resisting picking up an Expert model until I get the pair of Tactical's. Although the current price on Expert's is very tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Thanks for the info - I'm resisting picking up an Expert model until I get the pair of Tactical's. Although the current price on Expert's is very tempting.
    I can make the Expert even cheaper for you if you have no need for the bobbed Expert hammer or Variant 9 detent plate that comes with it. I'll buy them from you if you break and get an Expert.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 09-14-2019 at 08:20 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    I can make the Expert even cheaper for you if you have no need for the bobbed Expert hammer or Variant 9 detent plate that comes with it. I'll buy them from you if you break and get an Expert.
    I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the newer Experts don't include the bobbed hammer. When I got a 9mm NIB in 2014, it did not include one. There's more discussion on HKPro, but the consensus seems to be that there was a hiatus in Expert production, and when it restarted, they had the long catch with the pocket in the hammer, and no bobbed option. I can only find "short catch" bobbed Match hammers.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the newer Experts don't include the bobbed hammer. When I got a 9mm NIB in 2014, it did not include one. There's more discussion on HKPro, but the consensus seems to be that there was a hiatus in Expert production, and when it restarted, they had the long catch with the pocket in the hammer, and no bobbed option. I can only find "short catch" bobbed Match hammers.
    My BK date coded Expert (the newest batch imported) came with all the standard Expert parts: extra O-rings, Expert bobbed hammer, and 5+6 detent plate for Variant 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    My BK date coded Expert (the newest batch imported) came with all the standard Expert parts: extra O-rings, Expert bobbed hammer, and 5+6 detent plate for Variant 9.
    Any indication of what the p/n is for that?

I spoke with someone at HK CS earlier today and was told that the only bobbed hammer that will work on a USP is the LEM hammer. That's obviously incorrect, because USP Compact, but he also denied the existence, or at least availability, of bobbed match hammers.
    Not another dime.

Part #217981 for Expert Bobbed hammer for USP 9/40/45. This is what came with my Expert. It should work in the Compacts as well. It's the newer style hammer with the cutout for the new style catch.

Midwest Gun Works stocks them, but currently sold out (I may have had something to do with that, sorry).

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/217981

As for the HK Customer Service Rep, even there not all the Reps are equal, with the guys who actually do the repairs having more knowledge on parts. I've found it's easiest to research and get the part # so you can have HK look it up if you are trying to order it. HKPro.com is actually an excellent resource if you have part # questions.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 09-16-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Interesting. On HKParts.net, searching that part number takes one to the "Old Style" hammer without the cutout for the long catch. I suppose, given their history of business practices, that it could be set up to be intentionally misleading/confusing.

MGW only shows the side without the cutout, so I had assumed it was the old one. Please confirm once you get it if the 217981 p/n resulted in you getting the new or old-style hammer. Thanks!
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 09-16-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Not another dime.

It's the new style Expert hammer with the notch. They'll be going in all my new USPs along with the nickel flat spring and standard trigger return spring.

Here's what I received from MGW:

Last edited by Hunter Rose; 09-16-2019 at 10:01 PM.

User Tag List