Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPSC World Shoot Greece

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe have USPSA give up on the metric targets with the headbox and switch to the amoeba target anyway, which has a smaller a-zone and is harder to hose.
    No way. In my opinion, the head zone puts the US in USPSA. If it makes the Euros squeemish to shoot vaguely humanoid targets, then I'm all for the head zone. Head zone targets and big gas-guzzling SUVs, just to make them shake their heads.

Banned
    Tapatalk is the worst ever.
    Last edited by beltjones; 09-21-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Opera Mini seems to like to repeat parts of my post. I have no idea why.

Anyhow, don't give up the USPSA target, ever, worst mistake IPSC made was to get rid of them. We should have been allowed the option between the two.
    Eric is going Production next year or so he says. That should be interesting.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I'll be there and try to post updates/photos/etc. providing internet and such work. Safe travels to everyone going!
    All the best,
    Julie

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the author's sponsors and employers.

Banned
    Good luck Julie! Are you shooting Production?

We are diminished
    I think JulieG is shooting one of these:

I mean, it's like the only pistol left on Earth she hasn't won a championship with...

Todd, that might work, though it would need to be at least .35 Remington to make caliber qualification. She could load way down and still make major, and though her times would be on the low side, two head shots on every target would impress. Long-distance plates would be a non-issue, and she'd never be calling for calibration on a popper that didn't fall because they'd go right down.

in Athens now. the room is really really small. the bed is barely wider than my shoulders. No buses or trains today, due to a strike. Ran into a shooter from Argentina in Frankfurt that I was squaded with in Ecuador and I think Bali. Pretty cool to start running into people already.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

so day one in the bag and I might be out for good. Something went pop during my second stage in the back inside of my left knee. can't really put any weight on my left leg now, so it's kinda fucked.
    stages are pretty simple for the most part, no real memory busters or "secret way" stages. which means it's all about accuracy and pure speed. Organization of the match has been a bit of a cluster, with squadding not being posted until Friday. Of course my room-mate and I are on opposite shifts. so we get to spend the whole day at the range regardless.
    Rhodes is a wicked island and the scenery is amazing, the weather is awesome, and for the most part the people friendly. Athens, outside of the Acropolis, is a hole, it's like a giant flea market gone bad. We had riots, strikes and work to rule happen while we were there.
    It was cool running into Julie G and others at the airport, and catching up on stuff. It was also funny to see how one airline could basically treat every passenger differently. some paid extra for guns to go on board, others didn't, some paid for extra weight some didn't. no one really seems to have a clear idea on how to do anything in the airport.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    so day one in the bag and I might be out for good. Something went pop during my second stage in the back inside of my left knee. can't really put any weight on my left leg now, so it's kinda fucked.
    stages are pretty simple for the most part, no real memory busters or "secret way" stages. which means it's all about accuracy and pure speed. Organization of the match has been a bit of a cluster, with squadding not being posted until Friday. Of course my room-mate and I are on opposite shifts. so we get to spend the whole day at the range regardless.
    Rhodes is a wicked island and the scenery is amazing, the weather is awesome, and for the most part the people friendly. Athens, outside of the Acropolis, is a hole, it's like a giant flea market gone bad. We had riots, strikes and work to rule happen while we were there.
    It was cool running into Julie G and others at the airport, and catching up on stuff. It was also funny to see how one airline could basically treat every passenger differently. some paid extra for guns to go on board, others didn't, some paid for extra weight some didn't. no one really seems to have a clear idea on how to do anything in the airport.
    Sorry to hear, man. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

User Tag List