Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IPSC World Shoot Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    So who's going? I leave on the 25th and will be shooting in Czech and Germany after as well.
    It would be kind of cool to see daily reports up here from those of us in attendance, if the Internets and Wifis cooperate. (Todd I promise to do better than last time).
    Perhaps even a Pistol-Training/Forum meet and greet? Or at the least group photo?
    Rob,
    if you are in Germany, drop me a line.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

we hit Frankfurt on the 19th and shoot the Hessen cup on the 22nd just outside of there. I'll PM you when we are in Czech.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

We are diminished
    Hessen cup on the 22nd just outside of there.
    I wonder if you could find a t-shirt that said "Trenton 26-12-1776" on it.

Banned
    so day one in the bag and I might be out for good. Something went pop during my second stage in the back inside of my left knee. can't really put any weight on my left leg now, so it's kinda fucked.
    stages are pretty simple for the most part, no real memory busters or "secret way" stages. which means it's all about accuracy and pure speed. Organization of the match has been a bit of a cluster, with squadding not being posted until Friday. Of course my room-mate and I are on opposite shifts. so we get to spend the whole day at the range regardless.
    Rhodes is a wicked island and the scenery is amazing, the weather is awesome, and for the most part the people friendly. Athens, outside of the Acropolis, is a hole, it's like a giant flea market gone bad. We had riots, strikes and work to rule happen while we were there.
    It was cool running into Julie G and others at the airport, and catching up on stuff. It was also funny to see how one airline could basically treat every passenger differently. some paid extra for guns to go on board, others didn't, some paid for extra weight some didn't. no one really seems to have a clear idea on how to do anything in the airport.
    Really sorry to hear about your knee. Hopefully enough of the match is "stand and shoot" so you can still place well.

In the meantime befriend a Greek stray dog and enjoy your time there.

knee was much better today. but my shooting was for shit. focus is a bit gone with the pain, plus an amateurish mistake cost me some misses on targets. No one seems to be having a clean match, I'm hearing grumblings from all quarters about misses and penalties. a lot of it is due to the 3 minute inspection we are getting and lack of actually seeing what's going on. most are shooting blind to be honest.
    it will be very interesting to see how Frostproof does it. I suspect much better.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Good to hear that the knee is doing better.

Shoot straight and fast.
    AKA: SkyLine1

knee was better today, much better, seems something popped into place yesterday. Shooting however took a nose dive. shorter walk throughs (less than 3 minutes, as short as 1minute) for 32 round complex type stages with 17 people to look at it doesn't work. Left a target I never even saw. had shit hits. Hope for better tomorrow.
    as well seems the shit is hitting the fan with complaints, Eric G, reigning World Champ arbitrated a stage and it's gone, there are a few that should go for similar reasons. I think there is going to be an outfall of huge numbers from this match. which is too bad, there has been some good stuff.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

You mean the Philippines?

Seriously though I do understand the reasining some of the time. The WS is not just about shooting, its about the entire ambiance and culture surrounding the Host org. So let's see Greece, cradle of modern thinking and logic with some cool ass ruins, or miles of corn fields in nowhereville. Huge overhead costs in a 1st world country or some pocket padding 3rd world?
    Not hard to see why its been the way its been. But perhaps this year will be the USA's turn, I hope so.
    Although Thailand.......hmmmmmmmmMnowhereville. Huge overhead costs in a 1st world country or some pocket padding 3rd world?
    Not hard to see why its been the way its been. But perhaps this year will be the USA's turn, I hope so.
    Although Thailand.......hmmmmmmmmM

Pinoy shooters are good, Pinoy shooters are Rich.
    Filipinos in general are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Filipinos in general are good people.
    Absolutely agreed.
    #RESIST

Banned
    Lots of controversy per usual! I can't wait to get the full scoop when everyone gets back!

User Tag List