Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice ammunition?

In 9mm I often used Winchester "White Box" FMJs from Walmart.
    Federal FMJs have been cheaper so I also have picked up some of them.
    Bought a box of RWS a while back and tried it out. Good ammo but more expensive than U.S. brands.

In .45 ACP, .38 Special, .357 and .41 Magnum I mostly use my reloads, almost always made with locally-cast lead bullets.

Banned
    I reload handgun ammo , rifle I sometimes buy as I don't shoot all that much through a rifle compared to handguns.

I've been collecting my brass but don't have supplies or time for reloading. Anybody know a good reloader in the Colorado Springs area, or a good way to find someone who reloads?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I've been collecting my brass but don't have supplies or time for reloading. Anybody know a good reloader in the Colorado Springs area, or a good way to find someone who reloads?
    same here, ive got bags and bags of brass but reloading supplies and time are missing. i've been getting bulk aluminum cased blazer lately so i dont pick up brass at the range. a month ago you could order 1k for $200 shipped but it seems they upped their price $.50 per box ($9.49) at natchez.

Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    same here, ive got bags and bags of brass but reloading supplies and time are missing. i've been getting bulk aluminum cased blazer lately so i dont pick up brass at the range. a month ago you could order 1k for $200 shipped but it seems they upped their price $.50 per box ($9.49) at natchez.
    Considering decent jacketed bullets and primers would run about $130-$140, then you have powder and your time...it is hard to justify reloading 9mm (for me) given the amount I shoot. On the other hand, if I was going to be shooting 50K a year, I don't think I would reload either!

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Considering decent jacketed bullets and primers would run about $130-$140, then you have powder and your time...it is hard to justify reloading 9mm (for me) given the amount I shoot. On the other hand, if I was going to be shooting 50K a year, I don't think I would reload either!
    This is exactly the conclusion I came to last time I looked into reloading. I just wouldn't be saving enough money to justify the time expense versus buying commercially loaded 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Excellent ammo.

IIRC this is manufactured by RUAG in Switzerland.
    You were/are correct - mine showed up today. I will run some drills this weekend for function and accuracy.

I'm using primarily Winchester Q4318 124g FMJ and 124g FMJ Federal American Eagle.
    Help Protect Our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join The NRA

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less". General Robert E. Lee

Lately, I've been using Speer Lawman 124 gr.

I carry standard pressure 124 gr. Gold Dots, so I like training with an ammo that has the exact same velocity, recoil, and POI as my carry loads.

At $12.49/box from Natchez, it's a bit more expensive than the Blazer and WWB that I always used to shoot, but I feel there's a tangible benefit to having practice ammo that exactly duplicates my carry ammo.

Whatever is cheapest. Usually Monarch, sometimes Blazer Brass or Fedral AE.

User Tag List