Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice ammunition?

What are your opinions on CCI Blazer Aluminum for practice ammo? I've been finding it cheap and I'm thinking of ordering a few cases. I've shot it for years with out issue but I just wanted to see if anybody else has had experience (good or bad) before I order a large qauntity of it. My next choice, price wise, is Speer Lawman. Those are the cheapest non-steel cased options I can find right now for .40s/w.

Doughnut,
    I've used Blazer Aluminum for years without issue in my 9mm Glocks. It has been functionally reliable in my 9mm M&P's, but had some POI issues (shooting high) on steel at 25 yds during a practice session.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    What are your opinions on CCI Blazer Aluminum for practice ammo? I've been finding it cheap and I'm thinking of ordering a few cases. I've shot it for years with out issue but I just wanted to see if anybody else has had experience (good or bad) before I order a large qauntity of it. My next choice, price wise, is Speer Lawman. Those are the cheapest non-steel cased options I can find right now for .40s/w.
    I like the blazer products. ive never had an issue with the aluminum casing stuff and you dont have to worry about collecting it because you cant reload it.

I've been using aluminum Blazer for some time, and has not had any issues with 9 mm. With 45 I find an occasional deep-seated bullet; the last case I went through had about 12 of them. As GS noted, there is some POI deviation from my carry ammo even in 45 ACP, but I've seen this with most training ammo.

We are diminished
    I've shot literally hundreds of thousands of rounds of Blazer aluminum. I do not believe for a second it is any less reliable or otherwise less acceptable than brass cased ammo.

Having said that, over the past couple of years ATK's price on Blazer has actually surpassed the price for their bargain brass cased stuff like American Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    I like the blazer products. ive never had an issue with the aluminum casing stuff and you dont have to worry about collecting it because you cant reload it.
    Pet Peeve Alert! Folks, even if you are not going to reload, do us all a favor and collect the empties anyway. Nothing more irritating than going to the range and finding it covered with somebody else's shells.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

My absolute favorite ammo is OPA but that can be mighty difficult to come by so unfortunately I normally have to rely on reloads. Though I am not one of those who enjoys reloading. I do it because I enjoy shooting and would only be able to shoot half as much with factory ammo prices here.

Can you guys still get Denel 9mm practice ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    My absolute favorite ammo is OPA but that can be mighty difficult to come by so unfortunately I normally have to rely on reloads. Though I am not one of those who enjoys reloading. I do it because I enjoy shooting and would only be able to shoot half as much with factory ammo prices here.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Can you guys still get Denel 9mm practice ammo?
    Yup PMP are still producing ammo. It's good stuff but expensive. For some reason you can buy it there cheaper than we can here.

Anybody shoot Dynamit Nobel (Geco) 124gr. FMJ Ammo? I need a couple of thousand rounds for a class (hopefully) this fall.

User Tag List