Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Benelli's, stocks, musings

I'm pretty sure that remington offers free upgrades/conversions to flex tab. Worthwhile mod, imo.

As a favor though, I'll take a couple of your old guns and send you some new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I'm pretty sure that remington offers free upgrades/conversions to flex tab. Worthwhile mod, imo.

As a favor though, I'll take a couple of your old guns and send you some new ones.
    All the 870's on the streets have a flex tab. I think the range master's thinking is pretty solid on this one, if there's going to a jammed up shotgun at the range, might as well get some practice at clearing a tough one. The shotgun module for recruits is 1 full day and 2 half days, lots sore thumbs and shells stuck on lifters towards the end of the first day.

Why do you only shoot full power slugs? Outside of the Brenneke special forces death rays and reducing over penetration concerns with swaged fosters, there are 12 gauge reduced recoil loads that can do the same or better than the full power offerings.

That's what we have at work, so that's what I shoot. If I had my choice, I'd have a 20g with slugs. Barring that, a 12 with reduced power slugs.

Bear in mind, all of this is academic for me. I love shotguns so I shoot them a lot. The only gun I pull out for real is my 5.56 M4.

User Tag List