Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any cases of people continuing to fight after a 12guage?

Any cases of people continuing to fight after a 12guage?

From my short time here I've gotten to read a few police reports of shootings and seen many videos from dash cams of shootings were the bad guy kept advancing after multiple hits via handgun and/or rifle. Does anyone have a credible source for anyone receiving a 12g slug and continuing to advance?

I am familiar with one. Bad guy was seated in the driver's seat of a vehicle. When an arrest team approached, he shot and killed one of the officers. He then took a 12 gauge slug that took his right arm, lung, heart, lung. His response to the wound was to reach down with his intact left arm and retrieve the pistol. He expired very quickly there after but if you want "instant" you need to damage/destroy the CNS.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Years ago responded to a call of an attempted suicide. Dude put a 12g upto his chest and pulled the trigger. He flinched and had bird shot. He didnt die that day, but suffered for a few months.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Jim Cirillo told me about a guy the stake-out squad shot that managed to get away on foot after being hit with a slug, all the way through, side-to-side, but below the diaphram. That guy got far enough away on foot to lose the cops, he jacked a car, drove himself to the hospital, dumped the car, but it was a really crappy hospital with poor resources, they told him they couldn't help him with that kind of injury, so he jacked another car and drove himself to different hospital.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

The shotgun is no different than any other system in how it creates trauma. It just tends to make more and bigger and at the same time. If the shotgun makes a hydraulic wound, you still have to wait for the air in/fluid out ratio to take effect. Keep in mind that with a gigantic hole through the heart it may take several seconds for the person to stop their capability to fight. Now, I have never heard of a single case of getting a slug in the head or spinal column and it not working. Heck, I was instantly stopped taking a slug ricochet to my left eyebrow off a steel target when one of my guys accidentally loaded a slug instead of a birdshot round on a range drill. Thankfully, I was wearing Oakley's, but I was jacked up from a "bounce" where most of the slugs energy was already depleted.

In my first shooting I put a load of 00 through a carjackers kneecap about seven yards. That dude took off running like a gazelle. Eventually a single round from the spread just under his ass cheek at 47 yards dropped him. Stuff is totally unpredictable. On the good side....when that carjacker (who's gang name after the incident was "Limpy") was hit by his own gang at his apartment and tried to run.....he got caught quickly and knelt down in a yard and shot in the back of the head.......so I guess the shotgun can be lethal years later.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Thanks guys. I got into a conversation with a freind about this. I told him I would bet there are people out there who have taken a slug and kept going and he believed any man taking a slug to the upper torso would atleast stop before trying to advance again (with shot placement not in question). I'm very hard headed and am determined to prove him wrong. All in fun, but would love to send him a hyperlink via text to a report that shows just that.

My first shooting was with a shotgun and I caught the guy right at the edge of the sternum in the neck. Pretty spectacular stoppage. Distance was almost 6 yards. Standard 9 pellet Federal buck, early nineties vintage.

The vast majority of the failures to stop I have seen, with any round, has been hits below the diaphragm, or straight through one lung with nothing else being hit.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    My first shooting was with a shotgun and I caught the guy right at the edge of the sternum in the neck. Pretty spectacular stoppage. Distance was almost 6 yards. Standard 9 pellet Federal buck, early nineties vintage.
    Damn. That'll do it.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Didn't mean to but I floated my bead high. You really shouldn't let a single experience have so much impact, but watching a guy drop like God raptured his ass, is pretty stunning.

User Tag List