Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Recommendation on Full Size Revolver"

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Indeed. They are tanks. A pristine 2.75" barreled stainless Speed Six crossed my bench last week. Talk about the perfect "truck gun"... but I was saddened to know that this one was destined for the chop saw.

Hindsight is always 20/20. To be able to go back, say, 30 years, with ten grand of today's money... the things I'd buy...

A good used Six is running north of $400 on Gunbroker these days, which makes me sad because I remember when they used to be like, $225. The one problem with a six as a competition gun is that you can't get Comp-IIIs for them, which are the best speedloaders for competition.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a Six Series, the time to buy is yesterday. The market seems to be catching on to these and prices have been adjusting upward accordingly, at least locally. I think the GP100 has a better trigger, personally, but the Six series are perfectly serviceable.
    So true. I check the shelves at the lgs and never see used Six series revolvers. I first qualified with a stainless, 4-inch Secuity Six as a rookie corrections officer circa 1985.

My first handgun was a Ruger Security Six. I paid $299. Late 1980's or so, IIRC. I shot 125gr. magnums through the gun the entire time I had it. It was a peach.

Site Supporter
    My BIL has a six inch stainless Six he bought new in the '80s. It is truly a tank. He probably will never get rid of it.

User Tag List