Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation on Full Size Revolver"

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I sense someone who thumb-cocks their DA revolvers. NTTAWWT!
    Pfft, if you're going to cock it, cock it like a real man. Fanning.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Pfft, if you're going to cock it, cock it like a real man. Fanning.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    However you're absolutely right about not shooting DA revolvers in single action. I paid extra for a DA trigger and only some kind of un-'Murrican commie symp pinko would shoot the gun in SA mode.

(This post may be read with whatever degree of tongue in cheek it takes to get a chuckle. )
    Tongue in cheek or not, it's true. Shooting a DA revolver in SA mode is just wrong, and leads to things like slingshoting slides instead of using the slide release or not cleaning firearms soon after using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    or not cleaning firearms soon after using them.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Once I get a gun sighted in I stop cleaning it or I might wash the accuracy out of it. Right? I read that on a Facebook group.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-18-2015 at 11:30 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Clean them?

... and I cock the hammers on my DA revolvers about 10% of the time when shooting, just because I enjoy it.

The SA capability is intact on all my DA revolvers.

I have before and will again use it on poppers and those bitty steel plates that some sadistic stage designer decided to place in the next bloody county.

I apologize for nothing.

/cigarette+blindfold
    Last edited by jh9; 12-11-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Everyone is posting "full size" revolvers and I'm just over here like...

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    As a S&W collector, it pains me that I will at some point need to acquire an X-frame and a Z-frame, just as representative examples. There are some kinda cool X-frames out there, but there's no way I'm going to feel good about myself buying a Governor.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Everyone is posting "full size" revolvers and I'm just over here like...

F*** you, whale! F*** you, elephant!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    ... or not cleaning firearms soon after using them.

Hey, now… sloth is okay, IF we're talking about a dedicated "practice gun". That's why I have at least two of all my "serious" firearms… one stays ready (clean and lubed) for use or carry, the other/s get cleaned when I get around to it. I have deliberately not cleaned several guns until they choked, just to see how far they would go. My HK 9mms and Beretta 92 were still chugging along at 1000 rounds, so I gave up and cleaned them. The HK45C made it to just a tad over 800 rounds; a P2000 .40 began getting balky at 750+; and one of my Bowie G19s started choking intermittently just shy of a thousand.

Academic, of course, because I'm religious about keeping the "working" iron scrupulously clean and lubed. But its nice to know that, when I get home from a range session, I can just throw everything back in the safe if I don't feel like cleaning it.

Interesting topic, this. Just today, I found myself with absolutely nothing pressing to do- a VERY rare day at the lab. So I volunteered to look over/clean the car/carry guns of my Firearms Section colleagues. One of the senior examiners, an avid hunter and outdoorsman, handed me a stock G17 and said "You won't find anything amiss with this baby."

Right; it was bone dry, and he was really surprised when I brought him the heavily-rusted mag catch spring. The discussion which followed was… spirited.

User Tag List