Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Detective Special

Buy it. You can make more money, but they won't make any more Detective Specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Buy it. You can make more money, but they won't make any more Detective Specials.
    That there is some quality reasoning!

Boy, I sure like he way you think.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    You sir, I shall blame for every gun that follows me home heretofore...

I picked this up for Mrs. SC about 15 years ago. Since it wasn't original, it was a great deal. It was her first carry gun and she shoots it pretty well but it has been retired for a 1911.

It is a nice shooting gun. I'm not sure if it is the nostalgia, hand fitting, or what but it shoots nice.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Wow. Haven't seen a pair of those stocks in ages. They were once all the rage among plainclothes guys.

My lgs had a beautiful example of a gen2 in their used case last week. I put a deposit on it until I sell a couple knives or next weeks check comes around.

I'm pretty excited about it. Is there anything specific I should look for to check for timing issues? I plugged a couple snaps in and it felt and sounded right to me, but I'm not super experienced with wheelguns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to find a 3" DS at a reasonable price. But since Colt always seems to be on the verge of going out of business, finding a good deal on a potential collectible safe queen probably isn't going to happen. Besides, that's Nyeti's wheelhouse.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Wow. Haven't seen a pair of those stocks in ages. They were once all the rage among plainclothes guys.

I actually used those for a period of time when I pocket carried a J-Frame a couple of decades ago. Despite their appearance , they aren't "slick" at all and the girth is quite a bit larger than the factory Magna-style stocks. They're fairly durable, too.

I can't believe they still make them.

http://www.ajaxcustomgrips.com/Pearlite.html
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I like the Colt DS, but their time has passed. It is very tough to get parts for one (best way is to buy another one) and even harder for find someone qualified to work on one. I have one that dates to 1964 that my daughter has adopted. I have gone to the SP-101 and to the J-frames.

User Tag List