Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any con to carrying a Glock 34 AIWB over a Glock 17?

Any con to carrying a Glock 34 AIWB over a Glock 17?

Recently I have been debating about carrying my 34 FULL TIME over the 17 just for the fact that that the barrel places the muzzle LOWER than my d!@& and offset from my femoral artery, thus giving me the perception of "safer". My question is about the cutout in the slide. Do you think this could be a potential issue ever for EDC AIWB carry?

NO...

Been doing a G35 AIWB for a LONG time now..
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

JV & OAK are the guys to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Recently I have been debating about carrying my 34 FULL TIME over the 17 just for the fact that that the barrel places the muzzle LOWER than my d!@& and offset from my femoral artery, thus giving me the perception of "safer". My question is about the cutout in the slide. Do you think this could be a potential issue ever for EDC AIWB carry?
    dude if its comfortable go for it. If you want to stick with the 17, some foam to push out the muzzle will make you feel better =)

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It depends on your body type and holster. I find the G34 more uncomfortable to carry AIWB than the G17. Someone with different physiology might not.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It depends on your body type and holster.
    Exactly.

I carry a 34 AIWB.

I have noticed that I'm slightly more sensitive to ride height because of where the muzzle rests.

I have been contemplating moving to a G34 for AIWB carry but I would need to have the grip chopped to G19 length. I may just opt for a G34 holster for my G19.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I use a JMCK AIWB for both my G22 and G35. I use a high ride loop on the 35 and it carrys as comfortably as the G22 holster with a standard ride height loop. It's been working out well, concealment might be better due to the higher orientation. Honestly, without the high ride loop I couldn't do it because the body dimensions.

I have a 34 length JM AIWB and it's a little to long for comfort for me. A 17 is fine though. Tony has offered to cut this holster down for me, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

The 34 is just enough longer to be awkward while sitting. Not exactly uncomfortable. Sometimes it feels like the end of the holster is a kickstand when it sit. Love it otherwise. I'm 6' and have a long torso for reference.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It depends on your body type and holster. I find the G34 more uncomfortable to carry AIWB than the G17. Someone with different physiology might not.
    I found an issue in the form of my right testicle randomly being crushed between the muzzle of the g34 and what I was sitting on. I decided to go back to a P30, otherwise I would've switched to a 17.

User Tag List