Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comptac M-TAC

I have a mtac slide for my glocks and one for my P30. I love my mtac holsters and find them very comfortable.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

For me, the CTAC rocks from 2:30-back. The other holsters just don't cut it. A good belt and proper adjustment of the holsters keeps things in check.

Not so long ago I used to buy a gun and then a CTAC ASAP.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I've never liked the so-called "hybrid" holsters. They're the worst of both worlds and don't seem to do anything better than an all-leather or all-kydex holster.
    I think you are being a little hard on them. While you and I don't like them, there are quite a few people I know that really like theirs and that is what counts. My wife has a Crossbreed Supertuck and I dare you to tell her that they suck.

I recently traded some stuff for a Comp-Tac C-Tac and like it. The coverage around the top of the slide is a little more than I like but it does a good job of staying in place and retention is consistent.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have one for my 19 that I used for EDC for well over a year or so in the TX heat and has no issues. It's very comfy and modularity is a positive. The only negative that I have run across, and IMO it's big, is that it is VERY belt tension sensitive wrt retention. Snug up your belt a teeny bit more than usual and you're in some comedy giving yourself a wedgie. The only reason I went away from it was cause I started running an X300 on my Glock and the MTAC just doesn't do that.

While not an M-TAC, I felt my SuperTuck is close enough for me to reply.

I wore it (CBST) daily (except for when I would OWB carry) for 18 months. I usually wore it from morning until bed time, which is easily 16 hours, and loved the comfort. A couple differences for me are that 1) I'm a LH shooter so no real hang-ups with the slide release, 2) I'm carrying an XD40 Service instead of a Glock, and 3) mine was horsehide, not leather.

However, recently it started "squeaking" a lot. I found that towards the muzzle end the slide had burnished the horsehide rather nicely and nothing I did (saddle soap, oiling the leather etc) would stop the squeak. It started to get so loud that it was easily detectable in public. Bad juju.

It was at that point that I switched to a Comp-Tac Infidel with the additional C-TAC strut. It's less comfortable, but when coupled with one of my Wilderness belts it's totally quiet. Like Argus said, it can easily be positioned from the SS hip back to the usual behind the hip position, as the need dictates. I'll probably get a C-TAC next so I have a backup. Then the CBST will be officially retired. Live & learn.

Hey, at least I'm not using my SERPA... well, not carrying with it at least.
    I do have it set up with a quick mount on the center console of my car and my truck for easy access while on driving all day.

HTH
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

I just replaced my mtac with a bladetech nano because I felt the mtac was too hard to train with. Reholstering with an mtac is a big pain for me due to the leather collapsing. This of course makes holstering one handed impossible. I decided to switch so that I could train with the same holster I carry with. As a pure carry holster it is very comfortable and conceals well. I have sweat through the leather backing a few times and depending on your firearm this could be a nuisance or a bad thing. The only time I see myself using this in the future is when I have to tuck in my shirt.

So in closing, good holster, but I don't see the point of using a holster that is difficult to train with unless it is for some specialized purpose (tucking shirt in).

Note: gun used is a Glock 19
    Note 2: the bladetech nano has been excellent. I know this sounds elementary, but finally doing all my training with the holster I carry has helped me to develop much more confidence in my ability use my weapon should the need arise. I will never go back to a holster I can't train with.
    Last edited by JConn; 09-26-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I've been running a MP 9 in a MTAC since april 2008. I really like it.Reholstering has never been a problem, and I like using it at IDPA's. I've used it in Indiana and NC which have humidity and the leather has never bothered me. I've rode carnie rides and skateboarded with it( just cruising, no slasher stuff).

I run it with a comp tac belt, and it works just as did when it 1st broke in. I have the retention modded to keep the gun locked during a normal draw, but when I draw how I designed it, its free and ready.Nothing like what it sounds, just a sly little trick.

I've been carrying my XD in an Mtac for a few years now and I really like it. In fact I completely quit OWB carry because of it. However,I opted to try a Ctac for my G17 which has been my primary carry gun this year.

My impressions:
    Drawing and reholstering are way better with the Ctac, concealability is about the same with both, adjusting my belt is way easier with the Ctac since it doesn't collapse, and comfort for me is about the same with either. I spend a lot of time at school functions for my kids where my gun has to stay in my vehicle and the Mtac is definitely more comfortable without a gun than the Ctac.

Overall I'd say I like the Ctac better but they are both great holsters

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

User Tag List