Page 98 of 185 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Apparently I have a friend at Shivworks. Craig generously offered and gifted me a live blade and trainer.

(There's seemingly no accounting for who some folks will cotton to. )
    How do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    How do you like it?

Speaking as someone with limited knowledge of the knife fighting arts...I like it a lot. It fits my hand very well and locks in securely. The blade came with a very serviceable edge that can easily be used for utilitarian purposes if desired. Mounting is via 3M Dual Lock. (I think I may have set it up ass backwards but it works for my purposes and I can always change it later if need be.)

I'll have to speak to a couple of local deputies that I'm friendly with to get a read on how such is looked upon by the local constabulary.

But it's a cool tool and a very solid piece of kit. Having been a neck knife carrier for many years, this is definitely a nice addition to the group...along with the sheath for my Izula recently received from Tom of DSG, I'm living large.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Attachment 21249
    Gettin prepped for Halloween
    Is that a DB w/ orange Monkey Edge frag grips and a SF EB1 Maxvision light?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Is that a DB w/ orange Monkey Edge frag grips and a SF EB1 Maxvision light?
    Yes sir! You are correct!

A Slight Veer Question

How do you like the EB1 Maxvision, much time w/ it yet?

Not CDF, but I'm a Surefire single cell E series fan and tried the Maxvision. I was not impressed (particularly at the price point). Slow re-set between high and low, and after 2-3 quick switches, mine sticks in low only, which is unacceptable to me in a tactical light. Surefire CS said that was normal..."don't switch it so rapidly." The bezel is also a different size from the original E1B, so the filters don't fit. Hopefully CDF has had a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    How do you like the EB1 Maxvision, much time w/ it yet?
    I have had it for a while now. I have to say straight away Sure Fire branded CR123 batteries are crap in my book. They hold about a third of the charge as other name brand batteries. As far as the light goes... I actually like it a lot. The Maxvision beam is good for my applications but I can see why some don't. I actually think it is better than my E2D LED light it replaced. The 5 lumen "low" is perfect for digging around a bedroom with sleeping kiddos and not disturbing them. As far as switch issues I have only had issues when my battery dies similar to what I experienced with all my other SF lights. I pretty satisfied so far with it. Sample size of one of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    I have had it for a while now. I have to say straight away Sure Fire branded CR123 batteries are crap in my book. They hold about a third of the charge as other name brand batteries.
    Is there a particular brand that you recommend? I have used the streamlight, surefire, energizer and duracell batteries, and the surefires have seemed to have the longest length for me. (I go through about 40/year) The surefires and energizer don’t seem to get as hot when on for a long time (like an hour)

I would be super interested to try something better.

Apologies for further slide off topic, but wanted to pass along for anyone currently shopping that Surefire reportedly has some new lights coming online soon--allegedly including a 500 lumen TIR reflector single cell model (the EDCL-1T):

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...d-flashlights/

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Apologies for further slide off topic, but wanted to pass along for anyone currently shopping that Surefire reportedly has some new lights coming online soon--allegedly including a 500 lumen TIR reflector single cell model (the EDCL-1T):

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...d-flashlights/
    A link to a yeager review...ughh warning would be nice.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List