Page 90 of 185 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

I keep getting the feeling that I need to scratch the itch of carrying my 1911.

Range officer champion, 9mm.
    Love it, shoot it often, but never carry it.....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I have learned to never underestimate the importance of a good blow out kit.

Attachment 16398

Haha this is gold! It is were I am at to man!

I have never been into posting pictures of my carry gear but this has gotten me to get in the spirt

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

Nice choice in both edges & pistol Eli, which model of Les's is that, saw the BoMars & know it's a 5" but ......

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Nice choice in both edges & pistol Eli, which model of Les's is that, saw the BoMars & know it's a 5" but ......

Premier II.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I keep getting the feeling that I need to scratch the itch of carrying my 1911.

Range officer champion, 9mm.
    Love it, shoot it often, but never carry it.....
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    Why not?
    Lack of a good AIWB holster is a start.
    I only own OWB for the 1911.

Site Supporter
    I've always thought that the Range Officer pistols from SA were a pretty good bang for the buck and I like reading about people's thoughts carrying them. There is not much Range Officer info on this forum as most of the 1911 shooters lean toward upper end production or custom guns. If I had a AWIB for a 1911 I'd let you borrow it to see what you think. Unfortunately, I dont even have a 1911 yet.

I've always thought that the Range Officer pistols from SA were a pretty good bang for the buck and I like reading about people's thoughts carrying them.
    I think the Range Officer Champion is a welcome addition to the line-up, putting Novak(ish) sights on the the gun. The original Range Officer came with adjustable sights, which is a good idea for what the gun was designed to do, entry level competition shooting, and not concealed carry. When it came out, since it was the new hot thing, lots of folks were recommended the Range Officer, and bought one, but would have been much better served by the old standby Loaded model as a concealed carry gun.

I've always thought that the Range Officer pistols from SA were a pretty good bang for the buck and I like reading about people's thoughts carrying them. There is not much Range Officer info on this forum as most of the 1911 shooters lean toward upper end production or custom guns. If I had a AWIB for a 1911 I'd let you borrow it to see what you think. Unfortunately, I dont even have a 1911 yet.
    I have two ROs, a .45 that was my competition gun for several years that I've put enough rounds through to rebuild it at least once, and a 9mm that has become my wifes gun that she loves. I think they're one of the best bangs per buck in 1911s.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Mine is the Champion, or commander sized gun.
    The factory mags were less than stellar, [9mm] so I bought 6 Checkmate stainless that have functioned without fail.
    It's consistently accurate, and does have Novak[ish] rears, and their fiber front. I swapped out the red for green.

The trigger had a bit of creep, and a grit feel, so I had a local smith do a polish job and add an ambi safety for my lefty-ness.
    It's NEVER bobbled. Just shoots anything I feed it.
    Name:  Springfield Armory Range Officer.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  101.0 KB

User Tag List