Page 68 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Elegant knife - who made it?
    thank you. it's a Jake Hoback kwaiback in titanium and carbon fiber. REALLY nice knife. here's a couple of more views.

Email me for fastest reply. No PM please.

Lum-Tec | Facebook | Instagram

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    There was actually a piece of plastic at the top of each loop that I trimmed off to fit, since my belt is indeed a 1.5".

But for what it's worth, I'm still using a 1/8" full-grain leather belt I got as a gift 7-8 years ago. I don't remember the brand, it's not meant to be a gun belt, but it's worked fine for IWB. I've carried a G26 or G19 with it for the last 6 years, and I've had no problems with pants staying up, guns staying in place, or holsters staying put over thousands of draws. But, since it's thinner, it never could handle anything larger than the G26 OWB, and it's aging, so it's starting to get too flexible for that.

I've been in the market for a new belt of similar construction, only thicker, for a few months now. Something like a Hank's Gunner, Bullhide, etc.
    Thanks

I've found myself carrying this one lately. I've always been a large folder guy but this one acts bigger than it is.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Attachment 12858

Couple updates for 2017: Benchmade agreed to add their G10 grips to my previously purchased S30V minigrip, which weren't available when I placed my original "custom" order. Pricey, but MUCH nicer than the originals, and cheaper than some of the aftermarket options while not voiding warranty. They touched up the edge while they had it, and it is wicked sharp now. Also highly recommend the deep carry clip.

Temporarily borrowed the single output KE-1F 300 lumen head and Z68 tail cap from my M300C Surefire Scout to try out on my trusty E1B. Like the added lumens and length (it's a legit fistload, at least in my tiny paws), but the larger diameter is noticeable in the pocket. Love the O-ring finger loop expedient, but it does compromise clip carry somewhat and I tend to carry it in a jacket pocket.

Fiddling with a G43, but my Gen 2.5 26 still wins, and I like the Blade Tech Klipt. May pick up one of the new Magpul G26 mags to try out. Liking the new Quick-E loop-equipped Blade Tech Eclipse mag pouch so far...ride height is perfect for me and the split clip opens up some options on placement, is easy on/off, and plays nice with my First Spear Line One belt. Believe it is limited to 1.5 inch width, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Blade-Tech-In...op+Attachments

And still can't beat the V40 for convenience--4.9 oz...25% of that is Comp B.
    2 is 1 and 1 is none. Send me the mini-frag since you don't really have one anyhow. I'll EDC it in my front pocket like a third testicle.

Name:  4cdfdb555cd567bff28473bff34378b64d66f21c5f9556ca35f53b3f7e1b19c4.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  65.3 KB
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 01-10-2017 at 04:02 PM.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Glock, Dark Star Gear, Benchmade, and Stremlight

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Details on the handcuff case and the mag/light pouch please.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Details on the handcuff case and the mag/light pouch please.
    Cuff pouch is from Alex and Ryan Kydex.
    https://www.alexandryandesign.com/pr...rrier-builder/

Mag/Light pouch is from Darkstar Gear. I wore a Rosen SOS for about 15 years and wanted something similar that worked with my new light (the E2B is smaller in diameter than the Z2 that fits the SOS).
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ag-Light-Pouch
    Last edited by El Cid; 01-15-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List