Page 33 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

What attachments are used to keep the spray on? How about the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    ssb, is that the Sabre Red "Tactical Baton"? If so, that's caught my eye in the past. How do you like it? I can't really see myself carrying spray in any of the other available form factors.
    The Saber OC spraying keystick thingy is GTG, it's very good kit. One of the OC sprayers that I specifically recommend in my classes.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

If I'm up and about, this is what is always with me. I would have put my phone in there, but I used it to take the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Assuming that wasn't directed at me. Right now I just carry a Stylus Pro clipped to the pocket plus a cell phone loose in the pocket. I haven't added spray....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The Saber OC spraying keystick thingy is GTG, it's very good kit. One of the OC sprayers that I specifically recommend in my classes.
    Awesome, which other ones do you recommend?

Looks like the Blue Force Gear Ten Speed mag pouch for the spray, phone is probably just loose behind the pocket shield.
    IME you have to find the right pants to minimize printing, but when you do the shield works great. I have one set up with a knife, Sabre spitfire in that same pouch, and a light.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Attachment 5171Attachment 5172Attachment 5173

Big fan of the Opinal's.

Other four, top to bottom: Fathers original scout knife. He carried this when he was in the Army, all camping and hiking trips we took, and then again when I was a scout. Gave it to me a few years ago.

Father's other main knife before switching to Spyderco. Two blade, unknown pattern, but likely a pen knife.

SAK Farmer. This or a variant is with me most days.

SAK Bushcrafter. Limited numbers, I think, and though not perfect, a pretty good field knife.
    That unknown pattern knife is a teardrop jack. Jack knives typically have one or two blades on the same end. Pens usually have a blade on either end.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    That unknown pattern knife is a teardrop jack. Jack knives typically have one or two blades on the same end. Pens usually have a blade on either end.
    Thanks!

What kind of pocket does that thing fit in? Spray, flasglight and phone, all in a row? Interesting...
    Front left pocket of various jeans. Phone slides behind the shield on the left side (hence the stuff being concentrated on the right). It's not retained by anything but friction. Haven't tested it in slacks as I carry that stuff on a bellyband when dressed like an adult.

The spray is held by the BFG 10-speed pouch. It's loose until you put it into the pocket, then friction keeps it there. It stays put throughout the day. Being placed at the front of the pocket helps. The light is just clipped to the shield. I've since added a strip of duct tape to the shield -- the friction between that and the light's clip helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    ssb, is that the Sabre Red "Tactical Baton"? If so, that's caught my eye in the past. How do you like it? I can't really see myself carrying spray in any of the other available form factors.
    It's an ASP Key Defender. I like it well enough -- same orientation as I'd use a flash light. My one gripe is the capacity (or lack thereof). The training cartridges went fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    What are your thoughts on the ASP unit? The deployment should be the same/similar as the Sabre -- mainly concerned about the quality of the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Front left pocket of various jeans. Phone slides behind the shield on the left side (hence the stuff being concentrated on the right). It's not retained by anything but friction. Haven't tested it in slacks as I carry that stuff on a bellyband when dressed like an adult.

The spray is held by the BFG 10-speed pouch. It's loose until you put it into the pocket, then friction keeps it there. It stays put throughout the day. Being placed at the front of the pocket helps. The light is just clipped to the shield. I've since added a strip of duct tape to the shield -- the friction between that and the light's clip helps a lot.

It's an ASP Key Defender. I like it well enough -- same orientation as I'd use a flash light. My one gripe is the capacity (or lack thereof). The training cartridges went fast.

What are your thoughts on the ASP unit? The deployment should be the same/similar as the Sabre -- mainly concerned about the quality of the OC.
    So nothing is attached to the pocket shield except the light? Does it all stay in place and draw/replace easily?

So nothing is attached to the pocket shield except the light? Does it all stay in place and draw/replace easily?
    Sort of. The 10-speed pouch is threaded through the shield, creating a pouch for the pepper spray to ride in.

Yes, it stays in place just fine. I think carrying in jeans helps with that (pockets are a bit tighter than slacks). I've since swapped the light and OC's positions, as the longer light tended to want to move around a bit. Being sandwiched between the edge of the pocket and the OC pouch keeps it stable. For reference, I haven't yet lost anything when rolling with some guys at my jiu jitsu gym.

Getting to the phone is easy, same for the OC. The light is a bit harder to get to, but I'm thinking about tying a lanyard to it to make it easier. Putting stuff back in is just a matter of finding the pouch or duct tape. As far as putting it all in the pocket for the first time, I just slide the entire shield in with the light and OC already attached.

User Tag List