Page 22 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I don't have an EDC pic, but I have this one from when I was gardening earlier in the year

Attachment 4632
    Chuck, is that an SKS stripper clip or some kind of new 10 rd speed strip? Looks neat. If it is the SKS (googled to try to figure out what it was and this is all I could find) how is it working for you? Wasn't sure since it seems a little more difficult than simply pushing with the speed strip. Appreciate your thoughts when you have a minute. I may pick up one if you are liking it. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Chuck, is that an SKS stripper clip or some kind of new 10 rd speed strip? Looks neat. If it is the SKS (googled to try to figure out what it was and this is all I could find) how is it working for you? Wasn't sure since it seems a little more difficult than simply pushing with the speed strip. Appreciate your thoughts when you have a minute. I may pick up one if you are liking it. Thanks.
    I think that is a .22LR speed strip. Look at the size of the rounds in comparison with the size of the LCR in the photo.

Perfect. Thanks Gents. I didn't catch the rounds comparison & just made a bad assumption this was .38. Thanks!

Nobody carries a traditional pocket knife? A trapper or stockman pattern, or one of the many variants?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Nobody carries a traditional pocket knife? A trapper or stockman pattern, or one of the many variants?
    Man, I haven't carried a real "pocket" knife (other than an Alox handled SAK) since I was a kid. When the pocket knife paradigm was forever changed by Spyderco, I was an early convert to one-hand opening knives and have never really looked back.

About 15 years ago, I gave my 75 yr old grand-father a one-handed knife and he just couldn't wrap his brain around it. He never carried it and died with a little 2-blade Case in his pocket.
    The only thing worse than arrogance is false humility.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Man, I haven't carried a real "pocket" knife (other than an Alox handled SAK) since I was a kid. When the pocket knife paradigm was forever changed by Spyderco, I was an early convert to one-hand opening knives and have never really looked back.

About 15 years ago, I gave my 75 yr old grand-father a one-handed knife and he just couldn't wrap his brain around it. He never carried it and died with a little 2-blade Case in his pocket.
    I went to Spyderco very early as well, and they are one of the best companies out there. Lately I've been carrying one of my father's REAL pocket knives for everyday chores. He also went to Spyderco and never looked back.

I've really been enjoying the older stuff, and am looking for a good Trapper to make my own. You can get them for a few dollars, or up to over $100. All of them seem pretty nice, and probably more useful for small game cleaning than most other styles.
    Last edited by SLG; 12-27-2015 at 10:33 AM.

I'm with you, SLG ..... a bone or stag handled Trapper is an undeniable classic. But, the pragmatic side of me butts head with my nostalgic side and I just can't seem to make those knives a part of my daily pocket inventory. I certainly appreciate them though!
    The only thing worse than arrogance is false humility.

Actually, in my pocket today is this:
    Attachment 5162

One blade, a can opener/screwdriver combo and an awl.

Many years ago, I had a buddy who went to Switzerland/Austria on a business trip [pre 9/11] and brought a bunch of us these home.
    It's great little pocketknife.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I started carrying a Swiss Army Spartan as a young soldier stationed in Germany about 1976. They are the perfect working complement to the Spyderco Delica. You can cut cheese, open wine, and tighten a SIG grip screw with a single tool. What could be better?

User Tag List