Page 175 of 185 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1848

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Who made the holster?
    Looks like a Harry's Icon, it's since been updated and now comes with a DCC Monoblock.

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Who made the holster?
    @Up1911Fan is right. That's the original Harry's Icon holster. There is a 2.0 version but inflation has hit Harry's. The 2.0 is quite a bit more expensive than the original.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Thanks.

They are proud of them!!

I'll probably try one eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The Janitor:

That is a gorgeous Hi Power ("HP"). Would you be able to tell us about the pistol, especially in terms of who did the work and where you obtained the flat trigger? I run flat triggers on most of my 1911s and ARs and am intrigued by the one in your HP. A couple of years ago, I gravitated back to HPs and find they are a great tool in terms of daily carry and defensive use.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    The Janitor:

That is a gorgeous Hi Power ("HP"). Would you be able to tell us about the pistol, especially in terms of who did the work and where you obtained the flat trigger? I run flat triggers on most of my 1911s and ARs and am intrigued by the one in your HP. A couple of years ago, I gravitated back to HPs and find they are a great tool in terms of daily carry and defensive use.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Bruce,

That HP was built by the late Jim Garthwaite. I was lucky enough to acquire the pistol from another PF'er a couple/few years ago. It's been a great piece, and since it has been used a bunch, I'm not scared of putting some wear on it. The trigger is of Jim's own design, and he used to sell them. I believe Nighthawk bought the rights to the triggers after Jim's death. I'd put in a call to Bob Reeves in the NH custom Shop and inquire about them.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Bruce,

That HP was built by the late Jim Garthwaite. I was lucky enough to acquire the pistol from another PF'er a couple/few years ago. It's been a great piece, and since it has been used a bunch, I'm not scared of putting some wear on it. The trigger is of Jim's own design, and he used to sell them. I believe Nighthawk bought the rights to the triggers after Jim's death. I'd put in a call to Bob Reeves in the NH custom Shop and inquire about them.

Kent
    Kent:

Many thanks for the tip. I will reach out to Mr. Reeves next week. On a related note, it's nice to see guns like your Garthwaite Hi Power getting some honest wear. I ran plastic guns for work during most of my career and early into my retirement but have since switched back. Shooting Hi Powers and 1911s is like shaking the hand of an old friend. Or was a good friend once said, it is like shaking hands with John Wayne. Plastic guns have their place, but I prefer Hi Powers and 1911s.

Thanks again.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Today is stag day.
    Name:  173696345.MZlh3C6J.20230603_142746.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  43.2 KB
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List