Page 17 of 185 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    a very large, very drunk Mexican wedding and dance this evening.
    Is there any other kind? ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The statute states:
    Sec. 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter (1) "Club" means an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument, and includes but is not limited to the following (A) blackjack;(B) nightstick;(C) mace;(D) tomahawk.

Now, you can carry a "club" on your premises. And a blackjack is legal to own. But your CHL is a HANDGUN license only, and will not cover brass knuckles, clubs, blackjacks, etc... I can also carry a folding knife with a 5" blade as long as the blade is one sided. If I carry a "dirk or stiletto" with a 5" I am somehow that much more deadly and in violation of the law. I don't think the guy who was stabbed would be able to tell the difference in blade style.

And as a LEO, I think you should be exempt from prosecution for carry of a blackjack. But my agency wants us to hit folks with a Monadnock collapsible baton. At one time I could hit folks with an ASP steel baton, but now, that baton is unworthy of striking people per my policy manual. Apparently, If I hit someone with a Monadnaock, all is right with the universe... but if I hit them under the exact same circumstance with an ASP, PR-24, Mag Light, SL-20, Motorola Hand Held, or a leather sap, I am now a vile person worthy of an ass chewing from command. Politics get in my way.

Jody,
    I like the concept of the Dixie Top Popper, but being titanium and from Shiv Works, It is probably too rich for my broke ass.
    Yeah the laws are a freaking mess. Any statute that references a poniard needs updating. I wonder what the odds are of a double edged knife or sap being a problem if you're clearly defending yourself, but I'm not willing to find out the hard way. I think some dude tested out the "CHL loophole" by carrying an over length blade and got arrested, but I never heard if he beat the rap. Somehow I doubt it.

I'm surprised there's no exception for LEOs, though it sounds like internal policies would screw you anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Is that a Keith style grenade? I'm so out of touch... I always prefered the mini baseball's when OCONUS.

Yeah, I'm pretty retro about many things.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Rob sorta hard to tell, is that OC Sabre, what size if so & where did you order it?

Also looking forward to your feedback here after a week's carry, per your post above.
    It is Sabre - This one and I ordered it from CopsPlus - https://www.copsplus.com/prodnum8464.php. This is the first time I have seen H2O is the main inactive ingredient. I bought it both for can design and for the fact that it is, ostensibly, non-flammable. My office is contained within a broader lab that has active natural gas taps for bunson burners and I prefer to be as "non-flammable" as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Revolver Rob, what part of the country are you in?

I love that slap jack and sap, but here in Texas, they are specifically prohibited...

The key ring "single brass knuckle" is pretty sweet too.
    Currently, I am in Chicago. I'm not sure what you mean sap though....you mean my paperweight? . Being an academic in the windy city, I sometimes need to keep things from flying away.

The top popper, as mentioned, is a bottle opener. In fact I used it to open a bottle of root beer yesterday.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Jody, what is the fixed blade knife in the picture?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Jody, what is the fixed blade knife in the picture?
    A semi-custom clinch pick from Viking Tactics Germany. Picked it up off the TPI classifieds a couple years ago.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-07-2015 at 04:03 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

It seems like we're long overdue for a thread on pineapple grenade carry theory. Seems like the in-style accessory of the year

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    You been hang'in out with that Voodoo Man too much ......

User Tag List