Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1848

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Fire in the hole!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=RevolverRob;1120344]
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post

Fire ants, wasps, hornets, some scorpions - pretty much anything with a substantial alkaloid as part of its venom. Fortunately, that's mostly insects with these things.

Fortunately, I've never had to stab myself with one of these things. I'm pretty careful to not piss off wasps, hornets, and ants - but fire ants are EVERYWHERE once you get past a certain latitude heading south. Fortunately, they are not found here in Illinois, presently (give it time though).

Rob - no one ever believes me when I tell them I've only been stung three times in my really long, outdoors life, but it's true. The last 2 I was almost too late - receiving CPR + the epinephrine to "bring me back." The 1st one was when I was 20 - had never been stung before, hence no EpiPen - and was enroute to summer camp in the USAR. While we were waiting to get back on the road, some morons were throwing rocks at a hornets' nest and I got nailed in the back of my neck. Wasn't a big deal until about 1/2 hour later when I passed out in the back of a deuce and a half. Next thing I know, I'm in a field hospital, where the medic's jeep ambulance (who was 2 vehicles behind mine in the convoy - how lucky was that?) had taken me. The Army kinda struggled for the last 5 years of my enlistment - whaddya do with a guy whose MOS is 11B10 and is allergic to insect stings? Would you believe.....tell him: "Don't get stung? Yeah, bet you would.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Hmm, 9/30/20 next week will be 11/30/20 so nearly two months. And what's changed?

Well...fall/winter is here which means more pockets. So, now I can carry my favorite bookweight around with me more easily. I always carry my journal and a pen, for writing down my thoughts on Social Justice, but the bookweight can be difficult to carry. Oh and I rewrapped my Clinch Pick with some fresh tape...

http://instagram.com/p/CHOKY_ZpanT/

Kahr PM9
    Kramer pocket holster
    Pro-Tech Godfather Tuxedo

Name:  pm9tux.jpg
Views: 1912
Size:  56.6 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

10+ weeks with the UTX-85 in my pocket. In 20+ years of daily carrying a knife, never has one stayed so long as my main carry knife. I've said before, I was a member of the "Knife of the Month" club, which actually was sometimes "knife of the day" club. The UTX-85, my hockey tape wrapped Clinch Pick, and a 2xAAA flashlight have been my daily companions.

The flashlight recently underwent an upgrade from a Streamlight Stylus to a Quark Preon2 MKIII. The Quark use a high-color render Nichia 219 led and is much nicer beam with slightly more power than the Streamlight. Only thing I don't like about it is the clunky pocket clip it comes with, and the multi-mode programming (meh, whatever). I popped the clip off my Streamlight and popped it on the Quark. Then, tired of the mismatch between black clip and nickel flashlight, I stripped the black coating off the clip and hit it with a rubber flap wheel to dull the polish down.

Bam!

Name:  DACC6370-5C1B-41B9-8D83-2DC608DA254B.jpg
Views: 1739
Size:  43.4 KB

Another great holster from JMCK! 2.5 WC
    Name:  9E11C6F1-346A-43DD-86C0-53A34909471D.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  98.9 KBName:  A07E790A-7EBD-47DB-9807-BE5DC814AAE0.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  99.9 KB

Glock 43 in JM George.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Glock 43 in JM George.

What's your waist size?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List