Page 12 of 185 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I <3 Caboose's Med Kit and Trimmed CP sheath. Have you tried the tek-lok with the opening going up? I found it is easier to put on and take off that way.
    Confession: it isn't actually a trimmed sheath. I was one of the lucky A-holes that stumbled into a CP to for sale back before the production ones, when they were as scarce as shit from a rocking horse. I haven't tried turning the tek lok over yet, but that is a very timely and appreciated suggestion. I've been making swear words for the last few weeks while trying to get my CP and spare mag off the belt. The belt loops on most of my shorts are too close together, so the tabs on the tek lok are hard to reach when they're smashed between a mag carrier and a belt loop. I will try it for sure.

The med kit is a work in progress. Ironically, it was your posts on TPI that motivated me to try and assemble a kit that would fit in my clothes and stay with me all the time. I'm quite envious of your success at it, as I'm still in the process of trying to shrink my rather minimal kit down, cram more into it, and still have it fit my pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until Los Angeles is forced to issue carry licenses my EDC will have an obvious hole.Streamlight Protac 2L with a cable tie (brilliant suggestion by Chuck);
    Byrd FRN Meadowlark;
    SAK Classic (I love the toothpick and tweezers and I haven't found any other mini multitools that have both);
    Photon Freedom;
    Resqme (for breaking car windows - I've read too many incidents of infants burning to death in car accidents);
    Fox micro whistle (for helping SAR find me if I survive a building collapse after the Big One);
    Paracord (I like tying knots).

A slight lane veer Caboose but have you got a link to the post's you mention below on TPI?

" The med kit is a work in progress. Ironically, it was your posts on TPI that motivated me to try and assemble a kit that would fit in my clothes and stay with me all the time. I'm quite envious of your success at it, as I'm still in the process of trying to shrink my rather minimal kit down, cram more into it, and still have it fit my pockets. "

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    A slight lane veer Caboose but have you got a link to the post's you mention below on TPI?
    So it looks like it's actually two threads. There's a pocket trauma kit thread, and later on there was a thread made for an update on the ankle med kit. Both threads are chock full of good info.

Pocket kit thread:

http://www.totalprotectioninteractiv...ad.php?t=16917

Ankle kit thread:

http://www.totalprotectioninteractiv...ad.php?t=18677

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Add in two iPhones and a credential wallet.

Some days it's a 26 instead of the 17 depending on what I am wearing. Probably 60/40 split with the 26 winning out most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What's the fixed blade, and what type of sheath?

VP9 with Dawson sights in JM AIWB, Wilderness 5 stitch belt
    Kershaw Emerson knife
    Sabre Red Spitifre
    4 Sevens QT2L-X with burst mode

Rest is throw in various pockets of the tactical American Eagle cargo shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Pup town View Post
    What's the fixed blade, and what type of sheath?
    It's just a cheap Gerber fixed blade. I wear it parallel to the belt in the front for a left hand draw. That is a Velcro strap that holds it to the belt. If I lose a $30 knife, I don't even break a sweat. Over the years, losing expensive gear gets....expensive. I don't like "cheap" stuff, but for me, this knife works for off hand access.

See the link for better pics.
    http://www.bladehq.com/item--Gerber-...fe-Fixed--7379
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Was in Ga for a few days and then in Myrtle Beach until today. I knew I would be in some NPE 's so this was what I carried everywhere. When I got home this was my pocket dump.
    Given your badge, what is an NPE to you?

Any of you LE folks carry aluminum handcuffs? I handled a pair the other day and was shocked at how light they are.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Any of you LE folks carry aluminum handcuffs? I handled a pair the other day and was shocked at how light they are.
    I used to. I've since become convinced they are not strong enough, but I'm happy to be convinced the other way.

User Tag List