Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Really liking this thread. Lots of cool gear and interesting to see what people are using for holsters. An I saw 1 Gadget installed!!

There is a lack of grenades though. Voodoo_man got us started off right.
    Thanks

These types of threads usually suck on boards but we have a good mix here of people who actually want to talk about stuff, so it seems to work.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

My fat guy edc...

How is the Moduloader working for you? I've been thinking of getting one to try but I wonder if they work well in jeans. Reviews seem mixed.
    As far as jeans go, it's a mixed bag. The issue is that the pockets usually aren't deep enough. It's a two-fold problem: one, the longer items (like my ASP key defender and Clinch Pick) stick out the top of the pocket, and two the shield itself will print along the bottom lip because I'm trying to keep as much of the spray/CP covered as possible. Having said that, when using it with just a folder and light clipped to it (or even a PPS mag), the second problem goes away because it doesn't need to be stuffed down as deep. It worked very well, for example, with my FourSevens Quark and a Spyderco Endura.

Slacks on the other hand work very well once the thing's broken in. I have two, one for my LH pocket that'll carry pepper spray and a Foursevens light and one for my RH pocket set up for a Clinch Pick. The LH shield stays with me regardless of what I'm wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    As far as jeans go, it's a mixed bag. The issue is that the pockets usually aren't deep enough. It's a two-fold problem: one, the longer items (like my ASP key defender and Clinch Pick) stick out the top of the pocket, and two the shield itself will print along the bottom lip because I'm trying to keep as much of the spray/CP covered as possible. Having said that, when using it with just a folder and light clipped to it (or even a PPS mag), the second problem goes away because it doesn't need to be stuffed down as deep. It worked very well, for example, with my FourSevens Quark and a Spyderco Endura.

Slacks on the other hand work very well once the thing's broken in. I have two, one for my LH pocket that'll carry pepper spray and a Foursevens light and one for my RH pocket set up for a Clinch Pick. The LH shield stays with me regardless of what I'm wearing.
    Ok thanks. I am interested in hanging 1 or 2 PPS mags and a Foursevens small light on it for LH carry. I wear jeans most of the time at work and khakis some of the time. I think I might give it a try.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Ok thanks. I am interested in hanging 1 or 2 PPS mags and a Foursevens small light on it for LH carry. I wear jeans most of the time at work and khakis some of the time. I think I might give it a try.
    Get some of those Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pistol mag pouches. They'll hold all sorts of stuff -- lights, mags, folding knives, pepper spray, etc.

Here's what I've settled on for my LH pocket setup:

I'll usually just move the light into the mag pouch if I'm not carrying a PPS that day. The RH one is just the stock Clinch Pick sheath and nothing else, tweaked to where it works with my slacks.

Ok, I'll bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post

Ok, I'll bite.

where are you putting the med kit?

It nestles into the utility pockets of my carhartts. SOFTTW on one side, tiny kit on the other.

I <3 Caboose's Med Kit and Trimmed CP sheath. Have you tried the tek-lok with the opening going up? I found it is easier to put on and take off that way.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by drjaydvm View Post
    I think you need a stiletto for your edc knife. I'm not one to accessorize, but a stiletto would go perfect with that setup [emoji1]

User Tag List