Page 163 of 185 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1848

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Not Malamute, but looks like an Agent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    What model is this? Thanks
    Its a 1980s Colt Agent, when they had labor issues at the factory and decided that a dull finish was cool.

And I must say I rarely take to a new gun as quickly and completely as I did this one. The J frame was pretty much parked after getting it. Instant infatuation. The Goldilocks size pocket gun.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-06-2022 at 07:59 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Its a 1980s Colt Agent, when they had labor issues at the factory and decided that a dull finish was cool.
    Cool enough for me. Nice gun. I have a similar looking Cobra with polish finish that I quit carrying due to parts availability concerns. I may just pull it back out of retirement as likely soon everything will be without parts replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Cool enough for me. Nice gun. I have a similar looking Cobra with polish finish that I quit carrying due to parts availability concerns. I may just pull it back out of retirement as likely soon everything will be without parts replacement.
    I kept hearing ab out the parts availability, but a little sniffing around revealed that Jack First and I think Numrich had new replacement hands available, I also found a complete Detective Spl parts gun for pretty reasonable, so I have spares for tinkering. Mine was in perfect time, but had some end shake, about .010-ish I believe, I swapped in the polished blue cylinder from the parts set, it times perfectly and had excellent end shake. Done.

The Colt forum also has a pretty good tutorials on stretching hands to correct timing as well as other basic tasks, none of which are rocket surgery.

Needless to say I just stopped worrying about the legendary parts and service issue. If I cant figure it out there are people who know how to work on them.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Tucson Summer Essentials

Name:  FA4E2ECF-FB88-4EC1-AE31-5653BE0A5800.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  79.3 KB

Latest Builds

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Today’s EDC:

Name:  5D99BE06-9A59-46DD-AB16-05817B7E223C.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  100.7 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

E2S Lego

Malkoff E2 Super head (900 lumens / 12,000 candela)
    LF dual fuel body (2-CR123 or 18650)
    LF E2T tailcap with Deep Pocket Carry clip
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

@NH Shooter: what do you think of those LumensFactory bodies? They are nicely made, but since they are drilled for 18650 size batteries, the threads at the head-body interface don't have a lot of material remaining. I think this area is definitely the weak point of the design. I'm just theorizing what will happen if the light ever were to be used as an impact weapon. Pointless overthinking?

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    @NH Shooter: what do you think of those LumensFactory bodies? They are nicely made, but since they are drilled for 18650 size batteries, the threads at the head-body interface don't have a lot of material remaining. I think this area is definitely the weak point of the design. I'm just theorizing what will happen if the light ever were to be used as an impact weapon. Pointless overthinking?
    IMO, not pointless thinking at all.

The body wall is about 1mm thinner all the way around compared to a standard Surefire E-series body. The advantages are obvious;

1. The ability to accept an 18650 cell, which in my book is huge
    2. Lighter weight

In terms of weight, the light above weighs 3.2 ounces with a pair of CR123 cells (or 3.6 ounces with an 18650 cell) vs. 3.5 ounces for the SF Tactician with a pair of CR123s and no ability to accept an 18650.

The obvious disadvantage is it won't be as strong using as a hammer. That said for the way a 3.6 ounce, 5-inch long flashlight might be used as an impact weapon, it is probably strong enough.

How often will I use a small light as an impact weapon? The longer run time and ability to drive a higher current head with an 18650 IMO is something I will benefit from all the time.

User Tag List