Page 112 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1848

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    When you do, please notify me. I've wanted a fuligin cloak for far too long...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I should say - The guy who created Black 2.0 has demonstrated you can dye with it. But it isn't really any more black than most black shirts you get retail, to get it really black you need to paint it onto the shirt and that doesn't really get you anywhere, except a very stiff shirt with mediocre paint coverage as it wears off. I'm thinking of trying something like steaming the base shirt extensively and then dying it in a hot mixture of Black 2.0 thinned with water. That might get it deep into the fibers. Doing that two or three times might be what it takes.

Ostensibly - a company has made a blacker t-shirt (Viperblack), but having seen it, I'm not convinced it's any more "black". One thing to consider if you want to make a "Blacker than Black" cloak is stage velvet - ShowTex Shakespeare or Goethe Velvet in "Ultra Black" were certified by NASA as the "blackest fabric". And they are pretty damn black, but they are not matte black (like Vanta or Black 2.0).
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 07-03-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I should say - The guy who created Black 2.0 has demonstrated you can dye with it. But it isn't really any more black than most black shirts you get retail, to get it really black you need to paint it onto the shirt and that doesn't really get you anywhere, except a very stiff shirt with mediocre paint coverage as it wears off. I'm thinking of trying something like steaming the base shirt extensively and then dying it in a hot mixture of Black 2.0 thinned with water. That might get it deep into the fibers. Doing that two or three times might be what it takes.

Ostensibly - a company has made a blacker t-shirt (Viperblack), but having seen it, I'm not convinced it's any more "black". One thing to consider if you want to make a "Blacker than Black" cloak is stage velvet - ShowTex Shakespeare or Goethe Velvet in "Ultra Black" were certified by NASA as the "blackest fabric". And they are pretty damn black, but they are not matte black (like Vanta or Black 2.0).
    But can you use t to make a tacti-neck?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Hope everyone had a fun, patriotic, and safe Independence Day. Here's my going to the city fireworks display loadout.

Name:  DSCN2522.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  55.2 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Name:  IMG_20180720_165718.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  33.8 KB

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Lately...

Sorry for the crappy picture...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    What holster is that, and what's the purpose of the Velcro?

Thanks.

User Tag List