Page 129 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1848

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Finally found an off duty replacement for my PM9 with similar dimensions, but the capacity of the larger Glocks and Sigs I'm accustomed to carrying on duty...

I’ve bbeen carrying a 500 and 1000 lumen Streamlight lately, looks like you might have the same ones.

Which holster is that?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I’ve bbeen carrying a 500 and 1000 lumen Streamlight lately, looks like you might have the same ones.

Which holster is that?
    Yes, I really like the Protac series... 1000L with the larger HL & 350L with the smaller 1L-1AA using a 123 battery. I know some swear by a Surefire, and I've owned a few, but I couldn't get past the price and that they wouldn't take rechargeable batteries.

The OWB is Renaissance's Drake. Very well built and close fitting.
    http://renaissancefirearms.com/drake/
    I also carry AIWB and either use an SAS with a JMCK claw or a Stealthgear made for my Kahr PM9.

The mag pouch is a 21 year old snap-on in horse hide from Garrity Gunleather. It's a testament to his craftsmanship that it still functions like new .
    Last edited by iWander; 03-18-2019 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    Yes, I really like the Protac series... 1000L with the larger HL & 350L with the smaller 1L-1AA using a 123 battery. I know some swear by a Surefire, and I've owned a few, but I couldn't get past the price and that they wouldn't take rechargeable batteries.

I also carry AIWB and either use an SAS with a JMCK claw or a Stealthgear made for my Kahr PM9.

The mag pouch is a 21 year old snap-on in horse hide from Garrity Gunleather. It's a testament to his craftsmanship that it still functions like new .
    100% on the ProTac, I’ve used 5-6 models now and all are 100%. I lost a ProTac 2AA the other day. It fell into the holes in a concrete wall in a crawlspace, my mistake and I said a bad word so loud my wife thought I has cut my hand off or something. I’m currently carrying a replacement 500 lument 2L-X with 18650 battery in 3-way mode for utility purposes, and a HL-X 1000 lumen in bright/offf mode for defensive purposes. Night walks through the woods with the bog and a light in either hand can be disconcerting for the local wildlife when I decide to “light it up!”.

Thanks for the Drake, I’ve been needing a pancake holster for a CZ P-07/P-09 set and probably should replace my trusty Glock Sport Combat Holster with one. I get about a year out of the Sport/Combat holster until it starts to lose retention and needs to be replaced, but thye are cheap and useful after replacement so I don’t care.

+1 on the JMCK 2.5 AIWB whenI go out - love it!

This has been the standard "outside of work" carry for a while now. While I'm at work (medical facility, strict NPE), I absolutely DO NOT have a 42 riding AIWB.

Spare mag and light are carried in a BFG Ten-Speed double pistol mag pouch, tourniquet is carried in a BFG Ten-Speed AR mag pouch, PHLster pocket kit is carried in back left pocket, LTT (or Brig-Tac, depending on the day) is carried in a JMCK IWB-3, bill-fold and keys in front right pocket, pepper-spray in watch pocket, cell phone and pocket caddie (containing a pen, chapstik, and SAK) in front left pocket, and a Spyderco in the back right pocket.

Along with my smaller Malkoff MDC (Malkoff Daily Carry) lights, I also carry this one quite a bit. The main advantage of this slightly larger light is the ability to use an 18650 cell for longer runtimes. This one is intended as a more general purpose light but could most certainly be used in a "tactical" role for self defense purposes.

Specs;

AOL = 4-7/8"
    Weight = 6.4 ounces with Orbtronic 18650 3500mAh flat top protected cell
    Malkoff MD2 body
    Malkoff 16.5 head with M61N drop-in (older 300-lumen version) and high-low bezel switch (approximately 300 lumens on high, 5 on low)
    Surefire Z41 clicky tailcap (about 5/16" shorter than Malkoff tailcaps, can often be found on ebay)
    Prometheus titanium clip
    Solarforce lanyard ring
    DIY finger lanyard
    Runtime graph high

Eye-popping lumens or high candela/lux are not always needed. In fact for more mundane uses, a central hot spot smoothly transitioning into the fill with a defined outer edge is easy on the eyes and quite useful. This particular drop-in has an extremely smooth and artifact-free beam, and is rated at 4000k color temperature with a CRI of 80 which renders colors accurately.

With the bezel tightened, it will activate of full power every time and without fail, the light is sized perfectly for an icepick hold and the raised switch boot on the tailcap is easy to reach with the thumb. The light carries very comfortably clipped inside a front pocket.

Travel dump.

Name:  6FC88938-CFC4-4222-89A1-680590694EB1.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  30.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Thanks for the Drake
    I also like the looks of their Mercator for a low ride elastic gym shorts J-Frame option.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I also like the looks of their Mercator for a low ride elastic gym shorts J-Frame option.
    I just got my ship notice - Hooray! I had placed the order and did my best to forget about it.

User Tag List