Page 139 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1848

Thread: EDC items photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    @RevolverRob she is a beauty! I knew I never seen a knife like that before. A clinch pick is next on my list! I use my eldris and bk14 more of a small bushcraft knife around my property.
    The Clinch Pick is an excellent blade for its intended purpose of defensive/martial blade use. It's kind of a mediocre utility knife. That's of course, because of the reverse edge configuration, which works nicely if you do a lot of rope or pull cuts, but sucks if you do any kind of chopping.

For bushcraft work it is tough to beat a Mora! I have four or five of them around here, one in each vehicle, one in a tacklebox, a couple of more out there in the ether some place. I've given away a bunch of them too.

If you want something a bit 'fancier' but still robust for bushcraft type work, the ESEE 4 is a great size and extremely robust knife. Thanks to a kind friend, I have two of them, one is packed in my field work kit, the other has been passed around among my colleagues and friends, it went to Africa last year and just came back from Brazil a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The Clinch Pick is an excellent blade for its intended purpose of defensive/martial blade use. It's kind of a mediocre utility knife. That's of course, because of the reverse edge configuration, which works nicely if you do a lot of rope or pull cuts, but sucks if you do any kind of chopping.

For bushcraft work it is tough to beat a Mora! I have four or five of them around here, one in each vehicle, one in a tacklebox, a couple of more out there in the ether some place. I've given away a bunch of them too.

If you want something a bit 'fancier' but still robust for bushcraft type work, the ESEE 4 is a great size and extremely robust knife. Thanks to a kind friend, I have two of them, one is packed in my field work kit, the other has been passed around among my colleagues and friends, it went to Africa last year and just came back from Brazil a few days ago.
    I pretty much have to ditto that.

We carry Moras as part of our ten essentials. I've I was going to live out some kind of fantasy where I walked into the woods with nothing but I knife, I'd want my ESEE 4.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

That is high praise for the ESEE 4 thank you! I actually have been eyeing that up as well. As a survival knife I'd say the ESEE 4 would be hard to beat. I would consider a knife like that as you lost everything and you only have that knife to survive. And it doesn't seem too big for intricate task either, like feather sticks and notching and such.

I can't say enough good things about that Mora Eldris, very small, yet can do a lot of daily tasks with ease. I've started a lot of fires using ferro rods with it, opening boxes, cutting rope... only thing is you definitely need a different sheath for it. I'll get a picture posted soon of it. I found a store on Ebay named Randy's Knives who made a really nice sheath for it. Has a spyderco G clip so you can wear it vertically or horizontally or just take the G clip off and wear it as a neck knife.

Name:  2020 - Copy.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  47.4 KB

Be safe, everyone!

The usual load. The VP9SK is a fairly recent switch. The rest has been the same for a few years.

Name:  edc.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  65.4 KB
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

EDC Carry

Nighthawk Thunder Ranch in 9mm ( sorry Clint!) Sparks summer special,Rosen mag flashlight combo holder Vickers Tactical mags and a Spyderco folder.Name:  1536C74E-F2A5-466E-9FD9-BAD01F9AB655.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  61.5 KB

New EDC belt, holsters, and full sized pistol with backup.

Name:  105FC3DB-3D93-494F-982F-5F259183DCE1.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  49.7 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    On the upside to recent events, working from home has made it easier to keep a suitable firearm handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

New knife, new gun, new shades. For the last Fifteen years I’ve carried a Glock of some sort, still rocking Oakleys and a Benchmade though.I really like the Bugout. It’s so light I can’t tell it’s there.

User Tag List