Page 168 of 185 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1848

Thread: EDC items photo thread

E1 18350 Flex

550 lumens | 4,700 cd on a single CR123 battery or 16340/18350 Li-ion cell.

Nichia 319A neutral white, 80 CRI
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Site Supporter

EDC items photo thread

Current EDC….. not shown is iPhone 13 mini.

How it looks:

My wallet actually prints more than anything else, but the TQ is the most noticeable thing. I ran out of room to fit a reload; decided the TQ and pepper spray are more important. It’s windy where I live so the choice between pepper spray and a reload was not obvious.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-08-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Current EDC….. not shown is iPhone 13 mini.

How it looks:

My wallet actually prints more than anything else, but the TQ is the most noticeable thing. I ran out of room to fit a reload; decided the TQ and pepper spray are more important. It’s windy where I live so the choice between pepper spray and a reload was not obvious.
    Quoting myself…..
    Here is a pic that includes both the SOFT and EDC tourniquets. The EDC looks much smaller but doesn’t carry that differently for me at first glance. Going to fool with it and see if I can find an arrangement that lets me include a reload with the EDC tourniquet.

Quoting myself…..
    Here is a pic that includes both the SOFT and EDC tourniquets. The EDC looks much smaller but doesn’t carry that differently for me at first glance. Going to fool with it and see if I can find an arrangement that lets me include a reload with the EDC tourniquet.
    What pants are those? Like the black jack/sap pocket and material appears long lasting. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    What pants are those? Like the black jack/sap pocket and material appears long lasting. Thanks.
    They are Tactical Distributers “Carlos Ray” pants. @Clusterfrack turned me on to them originally. I think he and others have had disappointments in inconsistent sizing and/or maybe shrinkage?

I’ve had pretty good luck with them, they are my favorite casual pants. Both for the pockets, and the fit/slight stretch. Often in the winter I don’t even bother changing out of them to lift weights. I have 5 pairs, 4 are exactly alike fit-wise and 1 is a tiny bit smaller.

They are Tactical Distributers “Carlos Ray” pants. @Clusterfrack turned me on to them originally. I think he and others have had disappointments in inconsistent sizing and/or maybe shrinkage?

I’ve had pretty good luck with them, they are my favorite casual pants. Both for the pockets, and the fit/slight stretch. Often in the winter I don’t even bother changing out of them to lift weights. I have 5 pairs, 4 are exactly alike fit-wise and 1 is a tiny bit smaller.
    I ripped the ass out of my Carlos Rays on a sailboat. These pants are not as strong as the real Chuck Norris.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I ripped the ass out of my Carlos Rays on a sailboat. These pants are not as strong as the real Chuck Norris.

How long did they hold up?

I love the 5.11 pants I have but I don’t like looking the part when in normal settings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

I love the 5.11 pants I have but I don’t like looking the part when in normal settings.
    They're still going strong, after some ass-patching by Mrs. CF.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Crossing over to the "tactical pants" thread material, I'm liking (mostly) the LAPG "Terrain Flex Straight Fit Pant" (that's a mouthful). They're like the Carlos Ray's in that they look less "tactical." My complaint is that I have... er... "larger" thighs, and these are very "straight fit" pants. Although I see they now have a relaxed fit in the jean version of the same pants.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Crossing over to the "tactical pants" thread material, I'm liking (mostly) the LAPG "Terrain Flex Straight Fit Pant" (that's a mouthful). They're like the Carlos Ray's in that they look less "tactical." My complaint is that I have... er... "larger" thighs, and these are very "straight fit" pants. Although I see they now have a relaxed fit in the jean version of the same pants.

That’s my problem. Both nature and my deadlift/squat routine makes finding pants even more difficult. I have to buy pants that have a waist that is too large and then have them tailored, as in the case of the 5.11.

User Tag List