Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My best friend released a new book today

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Finished it last night. Good read. Compared to the Rawles books, I like this author better.
    I decided to take a break from the series I was reading and am half way through Tomorrow War and concur that Bourne is a better story teller and much less didactic than Rawles. Not to mention, Rawles rivals Brad Thor in his embedded endorsements, although I find Thor's plugging less annoying as most of the stuff he shills is crap I buy anyway. That's not to say that this book is not probably going to result in an increase in our household stock of ammo, canned and dry goods. Between this book and the other thread here, stocking up on coffee seems have jumped up the priority ladder.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

My dad is reading Tomorrow War right now. He comes from an opposite world as mine and is a big picture financial and business guy. He is finding it as realistic and within the predictions from the business side as many of us are finding on the LE/Military lens we are looking through.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Demolished this book. Great read. Wish it was a series!

Finished it last night, good read.

Really enjoyed the book also. I'm gonna go investigate his other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Demolished this book. Great read. Wish it was a series!
    +1 to a series please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I had read the Day by Day Armageddon series and liked it but, man... this book totally killed! I was hooked from the very start and couldn't put it down.

More please!!
    "A man's character is his fate."

Highly recommended! Referred to my coworkers.

Site Supporter
    Went through the book in two sittings . . . would have been one if I hadn't decided it would be best to catch some shut eye at 1AM. I think there are only a couple other authors who I can demolish their books in one or two sessions. Very well done.

Have recommended it to quite a few friends and I'm hoping that this turns into a series as well.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for supporting my work and I really appreciate the feedback from all the pistol-forum members. TOMORROW WAR was a tough book to write, but it was one of those that had to be written. Thanks again. #resist #fight -JLB

User Tag List