Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 118: 25 yard El Presidente

I shot this drill a few times during the course of a 300 round session this afternoon, but I recorded my first two cold runs below thinking about you guys and this thread...

Sig 226 9mm (minor scoring)
    Standard USPSA metric target
    OWB Bladetech holster
    No concealment.

Run 1: 9.86
    2A, 2C
    3A, 1C
    2A, 2C
    50/60 points
    HF 5.0709

Run 2: 9.77
    1A, 3C
    4 A
    4 A
    54/60 points
    HF 5.7318

I was intrigued by this one. In the midst of some new load testing, I've been spending some time shooting at distance of late. Including some 25 yard Bill drills, some slow fire group shooting stuff at the 50 yard line, a bunch of Garcia Dot drills, etc… The further stuff sure makes the targets look big when you move back in to the 25, but the reintroduction of speed can definitely still lead to drama! I shot these two cold runs in my best approximation of "match mode".

t

Strong. I was in no way cold; I was lathered up!

I'm digging this one too and will hit it some more.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Gen3 G34, Keeper, polo shirt
    USPSA Metric targets

First run:
    52 points
    8.88 seconds
    5.85 hf

Second run:
    52 points
    8.24 seconds
    6.31 hf

Last edited by Mr_White; 07-12-2015 at 11:48 PM.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Any profound observations on this drill Mr. White?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Any profound observations on this drill Mr. White?
    1. It was hard

2. I need to do more live fire practice

3. Didn't beat Yong Lee, but was happy enough with it as a cold run I guess (first run anyway)
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    1. It was hard

2. I need to do more live fire practice

3. Didn't beat Yong Lee, but was happy enough with it as a cold run I guess (first run anyway)
    Crazy hard. I've shot it two weeks now. I should force myself to shoot it at a near guarantee all alphas pace just to see that that would take. 30 sec or so I suspect.

Hard is right.

That said, I went to our local USPSA match this weekend feeling confident having spent a bunch of time with such difficult shooting problems lately. As Murphy would have it, our MD selected 08-01 as the classifier. Not to derail, but check it out if you have a second. That thing ATE……MY……LUNCH.

…back to practice.

t

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Hard is right.

That said, I went to our local USPSA match this weekend feeling confident having spent a bunch of time with such difficult shooting problems lately. As Murphy would have it, our MD selected 08-01 as the classifier. Not to derail, but check it out if you have a second. That thing ATE……MY……LUNCH.

…back to practice.

t
    Depends on the high hit factor, but I can definitely see what you are saying - looks ripe to be a truly ridiculous one. A similar one that I have shot is 03-10. It's too bad because they are great shooting challenges, it's just the unbelievably high HHFs that make them completely preposterous as classifiers (haven't done the math on 08-01, but that's definitely what I think of 03-10.)
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Hard is right.

…back to practice.

t
    What do they mean by "scored - best 6 hits/paper"? You could be scored on only the freestyle Bill Drills?

http://uspsa.org/classifiers/08-01.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    What do they mean by "scored - best 6 hits/paper"? You could be scored on only the freestyle Bill Drills?

http://uspsa.org/classifiers/08-01.pdf

Without that verbiage, reading the description, folks could just shoot both strings on the front (closer) two targets. That'd be nicer…

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Depends on the high hit factor, but I can definitely see what you are saying - looks ripe to be a truly ridiculous one. A similar one that I have shot is 03-10. It's too bad because they are great shooting challenges, it's just the unbelievably high HHFs that make them completely preposterous as classifiers (haven't done the math on 08-01, but that's definitely what I think of 03-10.)
    Yeah, it's insane. Just to give you an idea, R.A. shot it "pretty well" (his voiced opinion) and wound up at 86%, barely Master (in limited).

In production, the 100% mark is 5.93ish HF; Which correlates to around 10.2 seconds per string. :-0

ETA- Somebody let fly at some point on this one and managed to keep em all in there.

t

User Tag List